Menopause Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Menopause. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

50 AND WANT TO SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE GOING THROUGH. IT HELPS TO KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

anxious and is this caused by the menopause

i am49 wiating for test results to see if im going through the menopause i get hot sweats any time of day and my priods have stopped

I had to go through surgical menopause they took both overies. And now I am AN EMOTIONAL , weight GAINING LADY!!! :frowning:

I am a 49 year old female, first diagnosed in June 2004. I want to talk with others that are living with UC.

I got my nick name when we had a youth group out of our home. My heart always go out to all ages of kids that just need some TLC, I like helping the under dog if it a anaimal in need or a human.

I am a 55 year young woman who has been hospitalized in the past for depression. this has also been my disability, I do not work. I also have diabetes and hepatitis-c virus. I love animals, cooking, writing, reading and music. I am an advocate for human rights as well as animal rights. I came her for support and to make new friends. i am also in a 12 step group. I am married but in the middle of a seperation and divorce which is very difficult. I am living in Florida but i come from Long Island, New York and plan to move back, “home”. Now for the positive : I play piano by ear and was inspired by my Grandmother who sang opera professionally at the Metropolitan Opera in NY. I also had an all girl group in the 60’s called “The 3 of Hearts”. We sang acapella and harmony. I write poetry and wanted to be an actress and singer or social worker or psycho;ogist and writer. I come from a big Italian family and am the eldest of 6 siblings 2 sisters and 3 brothers, one of whom I lost suddenly 3 years ago. I love the mountains and long to have a cottage somewhere in the Rocky Mts. where I can go and write or live. I dress funky and love hats and I dress with comfort and style. I am a full figured gal wouldn’t want it any other way. I love to laugh and love spiced Chai tea and oatmeal.

I am Bipolar, and although they say it is mild, and I can believe that, at times it is very difficult to live with, esp. when I start going into an episode. I want to connect with other people that are bipolar, and esp. when I’m beginning to go into a crisis stage, or episode. I need someone to talk right then that really understands. Sometimes I’m fine, and can be encouraging to others, but when I’m on the down side, I’m no fun to be around. Even lately, my manics are no fun. I have a chronic kidney failure condition, with one kidney as well, so the doctor had to reduce my meds for the bipolar. So now I’m taking only 150 mg. of Welbutrin, as compared to 300 and only 600 mg. of the Neurontin, as compared to 1800 mgs., so the manics are breaking through. I’m a rapid cycler any way, so any reduction in my mood stabilizer can really affect me. So hopefully, I’ll find people in here just like me

I am a Type II diabetic. I was diagnosed in October 2005. I take 1000 mg. Metformin a day. I am married and have two sons 29 and 25. No grandchildren yet. I also have been diagnosed with Fuchs’ Dystrophy.

I grew up in a town outside of New York City, moved to Maine in 1979 to go to college. Have done a lot of traveling in between and lived outside the northeast entrance to Yellowstone National Park for awhile, I’ve lived in western Mass, and have lived all over southern Maine. I have two children, Josh, 17 and Nicole, 16. I raised them as a single mother, when their father decided to disappear when the kids were still in diapers - never to be found again - at 39, I finally found someone to spend my life with, but my kids are my joy and my love and my heart. We went through so much together, and have a bond that those who have struggled understand well. I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder…I am also a recovering alcoholic and drug addict (12 years).I am trying to overcome all of these things, some days are good, and some are really rough, but this is what i need to deal with. I love to be alone and live a very quiet life. I live for my music, it feeds my soul, and i love to read, and am trying to perfect the art of stained glass. In my heart there is an artist that wants to be released but hasn’t found the perfect outlet yet…I spent too many years of my life being badly abused in every way, which left its scars, but made me the person I am today. I try not to dwell on the past, although I do get flashbacks from time to time, and when I get them, it’s like i am reliving them and it is very painful, but then I also realize I had someone watching out over me, because I really shouldn’t have survived; but I did. I love the peace I feel from living in the woods; I love to hike up mountains, have spent a lot of time climbing the White Mountains in New Hampshire haven’t done it in a while, but hope to get back into it again. there’s nothing that feels quite like standing on the top of a mountain - it’s magical. I love anything that has to do with art, even my pathetic guitar playing, and even though i have a terrible voice, i love to sing, i feel music in my soul…there’s not much more about me, except that I am happiest when I am outside, waking through the woods, sitting by a river, kayaking, x-country skiing…just put me outside - that is where I get my spiritual strength from…

I work for Careplace. Glad to finally be on the site!

I’m married to a wonderful man. We have 3 children {2 boys & 1 girl}. We have … 7 cats & live on 5 acres of land.

I am a Christian as is the rest of the family. I enjoy making new friends. As I said right from the start I am diabetic & in 2005 my loving husband was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease so it’s been a real life changing time around here for the entire family. I thank God every day that he AVOIDED SURGERY & I will continue to pray that he does not have to.

I was formally diagnosed with Diabetes II in 1992 @ 36 years old. It is believed that (because of the extent of the Diabetic Painful Peripheral Neuropathy) I was probably dealing with Diabetes II for possibly 7 to 10 years prior to the diagnosis.

I think I am in the first stages of the menopause and am interested in learning more this ocndition. My periods have been very irratic - in fact I thought they had finished but today I am suffering with a very heavy loss. Before I panic I would like to increase my knowledge of what goes on during the menopause - whats expected/“normal” & whats not

I myself has arthritis i don’t know which one, but my concern is a friend who looks very ill and I believe she my have RA but has not had tests yet to confirm I would like to know all possible symptoms

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

im a 40 year old single mother with 2 children ages 12 & 15

I was just dignosed with breast cancer and am looking for support.
I have Had Major Recurrant Depression since 1990