MFH in teenagers

Does anyone have experience with MFH in a teenager? I have a 15 year old that was diagnosed on New Years Eve (2007). I would like to know your experience with it. She is currently going through her second round of chemo and eventually will have surgery to have the tumor removed.

I do not have a teenager, but I just recently went through surgery on Feb 21 and currently recovering. I had pleomorphic sarcoma in the right thigh, it was 5-6 cm in diameter. I was expecting to only be out 7-10 days but I have been out from work and recuperating for almost a month now. My biggest challenge was that they, the surgeon, took so much muscle surrounding the tumor in order to make sure he got all the cancer. I was only in the hospital overnight and discharged the next day. I went home from the hospital with a pressure dressing on my leg, to be in place for the two weeks, until I returned for my followup in order to remove my staples. This kept my knee from bending which protected the incision from opening up. I couldn’t even move my own leg for the first couple of days but this improved with time. The incision was only to be 1-1 1/2 inches long and ended up being 14 inches long. Now that the dressing is off, i have to frequently move my knee so it doesn’t stiffen up.
I know that I didn’t answer your question but I hope I helped with what to expect.
sincerely, gigi

Thank you for the info. It is helpful in what to expect. My daughter is currently beginning her third week of radiation in her right leg. She has not had any symptoms yet, but her doctor has said that she may experience some sensitivity to her skin soon. (She is very fair skinned.) That’s about all the symptoms he has said she will experience.
Take care and best of luck to you in your healing!

My 18 year old daughter was diagnosed with an MFH in her right pelvis in Oct 2007. She was treated at Seattle Childrens —chemo, radiation, massive resection, bone graft, hip replacement—oh boy! Would love to connect