Migraine Headaches Member Introductions

I’m pretty sure I have hypoglycemia and I’d like to get better at managing it.

Hi, My name is Daniel Hansen, I am a Doctor of Upper Cervical Chiropractic. I have seen many sufferers get well from all sorts of disorders such as: Trigeminal Neuralgia, Chronic pain, Migraine headaches, Asthma, Carpal Tunnel, Seizures, Meniere’s Disease, Bell’s Palsy, Fibromyalgia. My mission is to get sick people well. I am here for support and to care for those that suffer from terrible disorders.

Hello! I have been told by two doctors that I have mctd, and I just want to learn as much as I can about this, and I hope to share with others about mctd…

I experienced my first migraine at age 6, so I’ve been on this wild ride for more than twenty years now. But in November 2003, my migraines became much, much worse for no easily identifiable reason. Ever since I’ve been trying to find the right combination of preventatives and have a somewhat normal life. It is hard work being sick and trying to get well, but I’m hanging in there.

I blog about migraines and depression at http://migraineur.blogspot.com. Writing helps keep me sane.

I have had chronic pain for 8yrs now. I don’t know how to deal with it. I can no longer work or do the things I use t do.I am severly depressed as I don’t know what to do with my time all day. I get anxiety really bad.Family, friends, people don’t understant chronic pain. Like my doctor and former boss both told me since I look fine on the outside people are going to assume I’m fine sure some days are bette than others but still not good enough to do the things I use to. I can’t make plans since I don’t know how I will wake up feeling. I use to be happy, outgoing, very sociable. I use to have a lot of friends not any more. I desperatly need a group to talk to that is in the same situation. I have so much anger in me.

Hi my name is Bonnie and I’ve suffered from TN for 30 years. I started when I was 30 after I had an auto accident and hit my face on the steering wheel. I wasn’t dx until about 15 years ago. So I went through many trial and errors before I got any help. I’ve had two Gamma Knife and got some relief for about two years, then the pain came back.
I’ve recently started taking Lyrica 225mg twice a day and have been pain-free for about a year and a half.
I believe that support at this time when you are suffering is very important. When I finally find out there were others out there like me, a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I’d like to help others know they’re not alone.

Looks like this will be a successful site for help and commaradier.

Hi I’m Steve,
I’m interested in Polycythemia because I was diagnosed with the condition a couple of years ago.
I have regular check up’s at the Hammersmith Hospital UK.
Since my diagnosis I have now also been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, for which I take insulin 4 times a day,(cannot have the pills due to lactic acid production.)
I slipped into a hyperglycemic coma last December for a period of 8 days.I didn’t know I was diabetic and apparently I was probably ill for quite a few years with it.
Since being on insulin and attending regular blood tests it would appear that my Polycythemia is getting better and at the last check up the doc was so pleased he asked me to return in 6 months.
There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Steve B.

I have had hydro all my life. I was shunted at 5 wks. & 2 days old as a result of being born 2.5 mo. premature (a 30 wker–10 wks. early). I’ve endured 12 bain surgeries in all (I’m 24y/o): 1 initial placement, 10 revisions, & 1 “shunt-related surgery”. My last revision was on 4/20/05, and I had another surgery performed 20 days later (May 10, 2005), which was to place a left ICP monitor, as well as to remove just the proximal portion of what was now my non-functional VP shunt. I’ve always, ALWAYS had a right sided VP shunt…I was also dx’d w/migraines on May 13, 2005 (during this hospitalization–for the 2nd surgery…), which they are the result of my two 2005 surgeries (yep…ARGH!).

If anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, etc.–feel free to email me! I’m a great listener, for one:-).

This is for Jen, do not feel alone when I get my migraines I see black dots too. When I had my MRI, they discovered that my blood vessels were too small, that is why my migraines happen. I will be saying a prayer for you in hopes that you just have a problem like this.

GOOD LUCK

Because it not only affects me but other members of my family,and I have other friends I have met over the years,who are like me,have it,and other diseases that usually go along with it,and if it was"nt for my friends that I have found on my computer,things would be much worse.My name is Shirley,I live in Louisiana,

My mother has MEN1 an I’m following her path. Not exactally something I’ ;pplomg forward to.

I’m not interested in epilepsy, per se - I live with it every day - every moment - it controls every aspect of my life - I am here to find support and encouragement.

I have spinal stenosis of the lumbar, sacral, coccyx and cervical among MANY other disabling conditions. I am wheelchair bound, due in part to the stenosis, but also to RA, OA, MS, etc.

Want to connect with others who are suffering. Am disgusted with medical community and others not understanding my situation at all. Need friends. i am happily married, 59 year old. Live in country in Finger Lakes area of N.Y. state.

Well first my name is Aubreon im 16yrs old
i was diagnoised with lupus when i was 11yrs old
im still tryin to understand what lupus really is
right now im not as sick as i was when i was diagnoised
but i have been in the hospital several times
ummm…sometimes i just feel really depressed to the point where i wanna die
i have really bad migranes
[i would like to learn more about why studies show lupus makes people like me so depressed]

Need to find a physician to diagnosis my entire
body, decrease my severe pain and help me get
more functional, I also have RA, asthma, kidney
probloms, swollen feet, neuromas both feet. I need
positive support system and see if I can loose any weight or get approval from my insurance for banding since I am 100 pounds overweight. Thanks for your assistance. Suzie Q

My name is Michelle, I am 46 y/o, I was diagnosed with MCTD, Lupus, Fibro, and I suffer daily with pain as my list grows all the time… I love alll new informormarion… I am always reading and searching the net even though I know there isn’t a cure but I have hope to someday find relisf…

Thank you,
Michelle

I would like to learn more about the relation of depression and migraine headaches and possible remedies for my mother.

my name is brittany and im 17. i have been experiencing stomache pains for many years. it wasent until about 2 and a half years ago they found out i had endometriosis. i had a surgical procedure the day after christmas of last year and still have endrometriosis. im now recieving lupron depot shots and am hoping to get rid of this painful disorder. im hoping to find people with endometrisos like me to talk to about it with.

my name is brittany and im 17. i have been experiencing stomache pains for many years. it wasent until about 2 and a half years ago they found out i had endometriosis. i had a surgical procedure the day after christmas of last year and still have endrometriosis. im now recieving lupron depot shots and am hoping to get rid of this painful disorder. im hoping to find people with endometrisos like me to talk to about it with.