Mixed Connective Tissue Disease Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Just interested in finding out more about mctd. My 24 year old was diagnosed witht his disease about two years ago.

I have MCTD

My name is Katie and I have MCTD. I was blessed with this disease October of 2005. Hope to get to know others.

I HAVE HAD MCTD SINCE 2003.

I have mctd and find that information is hard to find. Being part of this group gives me important information.

I am a wife and mom of 4 great girls and have recently turned 40. I have a precious granddaughter and a grandson on the way. I am a nurse by career history.
I have been diagnosed with MCTD with attributes of Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have tried numerous meds and am interested in hearing from others going through this same challenging, confusing process.

HI,
I’m a high school teacher(38) who apparently started showing signs in 1990 with blood clots. Over the next couple of years, I suffered with sun poisioning, rashes, muscle/joint issues and finally ( 2 years ago) got a name for this disease.
I don’t write much, but I do read the posting

HI my name is Stacy, I’m 23 and live in Iowa. I was diagnosed with mixed connective tissue disease about a year ago and I came to this site to learn more about the disease and find support.

I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Fibromuscular Dysplasia which are two connective tissue diseases. Is there an actual disease called mixed connective tissue disease? I get the impression that there is from reading your posts? I am disabled and a stay at home mom I guess. My kids are grown so I am home mothering my four dogs, cat, bird and fish. I hope you all have a great week now that the weather is getting nicer outside.

Hello My name is Elisa…I have marfans syndrome, as well as my middle son, it is a connective tissue disorder

Hi. I wanna talk with same desease people.

Hello! I have been told by two doctors that I have mctd, and I just want to learn as much as I can about this, and I hope to share with others about mctd…

I was dx w/ MCTD in Dec 2005. I am a college student. I would love to meet others around my age with MCTD or similar illnesses, as well as a little older or on similar medications. I am also interested in connecting with people in my geographic area!

Hello, I was rx’d with MCTD several years ago, it has went back in forth from Lupus to MCTD. I would like to talk with others with this same condition about medications, coping skills and just how they are doing with this disease.

Hi! I’m Sue. I was dnx’d with Lupus and Mixed connective tissue disease… Its not went into organ involvement as of yet. I also have Fm,Oa,Neuropathy in my legs,hypothyroidism,HB…some minor disk problems in my back and neck. I am full of it…Pain that is! lol
I am married and have 4 grown children…we have 2 small grandsons and also have 2 grandchild who will be born in November/December the Lord willing. (my sons wife is expecting and so is my youngest daughter) I am looking foward to meeting all of you!! Love,Sue

Hi. I was 38 age Finland girl, and I sick 2000 years. I am very sick now and i wanna support of you all. Thanks.

I have MCTD and want to meet others with this disease.

Hi all! I’m 23 and was diagnosed with MCTD a little less than a year ago. I’m still new to the disease and have not started any medication, I’d like to go as long as I can without being dependant on meds. Just trying to learn more about the condition and things I can do to help me in my future.

Hi, my name is Barbara. I am in the early stage of MCTD. I don’t take any meds right now, but sometimes feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. I have read a lot about MCTD, and it seems like some really get hit hard. I am hoping to talk to others in a similar situation and to offer support where I can!