Mold/Mildew

So…before I decided to go on meds…about 4-6wks before, I started looking through my house for molds and mildew, which I know, from extensive allergy testing, that I am, put the shot in me and start my heart…I am allergic too. Well prior to 8 wks ago, my head was throbing constantly; I was sure I had an ear infection, my DR said I may be preggers!!! I just found, less than 45 minutes ago at least 90 spores! MY husband’s asthma has increased 10 folds since we got married. He, as I have mentioned before, has confined himself to the basement…I located this junk above the washer/dryer! I have done a chlorox rincse, twice. Im I not so crazy…is it the Mildew/Mold>?? If it is the M/M…is this brain damage reversible??

i know this isn’t really going to answer your question…but from my research (we had this problem in another house…) the bleach isn’t going to solve your problem…there are a bunch of websites (i think it might be moldman.com) that will help you figure out how to permanently get rid of that nasty stuff…i know my 3 year old has been extremely sensitive to it…good luck to you… i know it is not a fun thing to deal with!

~ I was tested last year for allergies (nothing). I used to own a 50+ year old house and was constantly sick with upper respiratory infections and what appeared to be allergies. I had several friends and my youngest daughter living there from time to time and they would get sick, too. After seven years of that (after I got married), I moved and have not had a problem since. I suspect there was probably mold & mildew in the attic b/c there was a couple of leaks in the roof AND there was probably lead-based paint on the walls. When I first moved there, I scrapped the walls and stripped the wallpaper and repainted them all. Also, the air/heat system had probably never been blown out. I vacummed the airducts (floor vents) but that crud moves around throughout the whole system. Perhaps a combo of all these things was the culprit. Have you ever thought about moving???

My mom had a friend who died of lung cancer a couple of years ago. She wasn’t a smoker and the doctors suspected M/M , but weren’t really sure. She lived in a very old home like mine, too. A change might help??!! Keep us posted; I’m curious. ~ hugs ~

I know from personal experience that mold / mildew can cause tremendous problems… are there professionals who can come to homes and remove it? I know it’s drastic, but could you move? I would consider it so that you don’t have these repeated health issues… how scary. I feel for you and wish you the best of luck in a speedy resolution to these problems.