Mom w/ GAD

I’m a 42 year old mom of 2 girls, and of course my husband. I’ve been living w/ GAD all my life, but was diagnosed when I was 37.

I did take Paxil for 3 years. I have been off meds for about a year & 1/2. I gained weight & didn’t like the sexual side effects…yah know what I mean :slight_smile:

Lately…I’ve been thinking of going back on it. Stress…kids, husband, work etc . I’m hoping by chatting with others…I may avoid doing this…I don’t know- Thanks for listening.

Hi I am 36 and I have had anxiety since I was seven years old, i have experienced all sorts of fears. i never took any kind of medicine I used prayer to get through and it has always worked for me, i believe you too can get through without having to go back on medication, just have faith and know you are in control not this disease. i would love to talk to you and help you in any way I can. I think just hearing others are going through the same thing is a comfort. hope to talk with you soon!!!

Hope your having a great day, I am so glad i found this site it is a great place to get the comfort of others that know and have felt how you do. I too have two chidren a fifteen year old girl and a twenty year old boy, I really find they keep me going, they are a true blessing, I am sure yours are too. Have a great day!!!