Muscle tone

Does hydrocortisone interfere with muscle tone? Do you need to exercise more with this medicaation?
Also, I do not take florinef and although I’m primary I don’t seem to need it. Blood tests all come back normal.

I was on hydrocortosone and it made me feel like crap. I now take 5mg prednisone in the morning and .02mg of florinef also in the morning. I take 2.5 mg of prednisone at night if I need it. I play Ice Hockey on a regular basis and work out a lot. Try to stay as active as possible. But if you have a lot of general weakness, Hydrocortosone may not be for you. It wasnt for me.

Dear Kaydee,
Hydrocortisone is a natural cortisone, that chemically matches hormone made by the body. The only time that you would experience loss of muscle tone from is if your dose was either too little or too much for your needs. Any cortisone taken in excess or too little will do this. If your dose is very close to what you need, then you should have no side effects whatsoever, since all you are doing is replacing something you would normally have in the body.

I have never had any problems like this. I got muscle wasting before I was on it.

Tish

Kaydee addisons-cpt3198@lists.careplace.com wrote:

In a message dated 5/12/2007 9:15:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
addisons-cpt3198@lists.careplace.com writes:

Thanks. I probably need to excerise more but don’t have a lot of energy. I take 20mg of HC divided which seems to be enough according to my bloodwork.

Kaydee

Dear Kaydee,
Is it possible that you need a little more HC? When I first had adrenal problems and was not on anything, I had a lot of muscle wasting and weakness and there was no way I could exercise. Now, if I exercise, I have to take a little extra hydrocortisone for it or I feel absolutely horrible the next day. My former doctor would take 10mg just before going to the gym. I know for myself that I need a little hydrocortisone when I get hypoglycemia. I have to take about 7 mg for any type of exercise.

Tish

Kaydee addisons-cpt3198@lists.careplace.com wrote: