My Anxiety

I suffered 2 strokes on January 14th 2007. From what I understand I am one lucky person as I should by rights be in a nurseing home being reabilitated but instead Here I am at Home with only a little weekeness on my left side. Then I ended up in hospital with a VERY bad anxiety attack. Then they found I have a small hole in my heart and I also suffer from a blood clotting disorder and will be on bllod thinners the rest of my life. Oh and I have a 11 year old son with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. My Anxiety comes from worring if I will have another stroke and how I will be able to care for my son if I do. I am also Depressed over the whole thing. Any advice would be appriciated!

Jean

Hello dmdmomof1,I also have many problems with my health,panic attacks.type2 diabettes,heart problems(raceing and skipping beats)High blood pressure,high cholestral.I also sleep with a c-pap machine at night because i stop breathing.My Husband of 52 is going blind with RP retinitis pigmentosa and has very very little vison left.My dauthter is bi-polar,refuses meds and will not talk to me,cause she was kicked out of my home,because she was abusive.She is 30yrs old.My son who is 24 years old lives with us and is scizoprinic and bi-polar,but he is on meds and see,s a docter and gets theripy…Thank God…he,s 6;2 and 250lbs.I used to wake up in the middle of the night with nacternal panic attacks,with my heart beating 150 to 180 beats a min.It used to scare the u know what out of me.i now take a beta blocker for that,and its helped.i also take anti-anxiety meds,and that as also helped alot.I still wake up in the middle of the night,but its much easyer to deal with.I find keeping a journel by the bed at night helps me to keep my mind calm.Good Luck Bajagal…

Hello dmdmomof1,I also have many problems with my health,panic attacks.type2 diabettes,heart problems(raceing and skipping beats)High blood pressure,high cholestral.I also sleep with a c-pap machine at night because i stop breathing.My Husband of 52 is going blind with RP retinitis pigmentosa and has very very little vison left.My dauthter is bi-polar,refuses meds and will not talk to me,cause she was kicked out of my home,because she was abusive.She is 30yrs old.My son who is 24 years old lives with us and is scizoprinic and bi-polar,but he is on meds and see,s a docter and gets theripy…Thank God…he,s 6;2 and 250lbs.I used to wake up in the middle of the night with nacternal panic attacks,with my heart beating 150 to 180 beats a min.It used to scare the u know what out of me.i now take a beta blocker for that,and its helped.i also take anti-anxiety meds,and that as also helped alot.I still wake up in the middle of the night,but its much easyer to deal with.I find keeping a journel by the bed at night helps me to keep my mind calm.Good Luck Bajagal…