My life is One BIG Game

My relationship with N has turned into one big game starting last summer. We have been “together” on and off for five years. He has dumped me many times for other women and somehow we get back together. He is a mean, cruel and vicious “person” … He harasses me when we are apart, which I don’t understand at all, because he wanted to be apart. That was obvious to me.

He became threatening in subtle ways, using canes and referencing me in the same breath by saying "how long have we been walking here? In other words “saying I will hurt you”. I knew what he meant. I fear him. I loathe him. I told him that I thought he wanted me to hate him, but that I never would. Only I really do. He has threatened me before, and recently. I wonder how his current girlfriend, who happens to be 25 years younger than him, would feel if she knew how he treated me??? Meanwhile, she is being treated like a queen, getting roses from him every couple of weeks. What else could a 48 year old “man” want than someone young and fresh?

I am 40 years old. He looks for me on the internet, and sends me messages thru my ads, no good intentions intended. I don’t even place a picture on the site and he still knows it’s me. In all honesty, this has been the nightmare of a lifetime.

His current girlfriend, “will” find out how he treats you, he will treat her just as bad, once he thinks he has her.If you know one of the old girlfriends, I would call one of them to see what they did and if they were sucessfull at getting rid of him for good, maybe they found the solution. It is not you or anything about you, it is him, he can not care of love anyone but himself. You have to find the courage and strength to cut him out of your life, and have no contact with him at all. You can’t reason with him or question him about any of his behavior, it will never make sense to you, he will never be able to tell you why he does it, he does not know anything is wrong with him. They can not connect to how you feel or understand how much pain he causes you or any one else. Narcissistic personality disorder is a terrible disorder, they don’t know why they do anything they do, they just go around inflicting pain on all the feeling people. He wants you and comes back just to use you to get his needs met, till he finds another victim. It is not about loving and caring about you. You can not share any information with him, he will use against you. If you interact with him and tell him you will never hate him, you keep the door open for him. You must stop taking him back if you want this nightmare to end. Are you living on your own now, does he live close by you. Is he someone you really need to fear, has he ever followed through on any threats he has made. You are in a bad situation but you need to get as far away from him as you can, he will torture you as long as he can. Wow, he even bothers you on the internet. He really knows you well to pick you out, and he knows all the buttons to push. They are so good at reading people. I am here if you want to talk. Hugs mamolie

Mamolie,

I always think he will treat this one right. I know he will never treat anyone as bad as he treated me… of course, I was the dumb bunny that stuck around for it. Only one other girl has stuck around, it’s been 3 years for them, and they are friends, but he is starting to have trust issues with her and putting her down, which I never thought would happen. As time goes by, I quit blaming myself for things, and I know it is him and not me. I have cut him out of my life for good, he knows this, but continues to mess with me. It’s like you wanted me gone, and I am gone, but you can’t let this go, obviously if you are searching for me on the net and sending me flirts on dating sites. whatever! Mamolie, you are right, none of it makes sense. As far as sharing information, yes he uses it all against me. I have never met a person like him before, and I wish I never had, to be honest. Him and I never lived together, but we live a disturbing two miles apart. My counselor laughed at the thought of N hurting me. She said it would never happen, that he would never physically hurt me. He has threatened me by saying things like “don’t do anything wrong and nothing will happen to you” and the latest was the cane deal. We have walked in a neighborhood park for years (5) and always talked, had fun, acted silly at times, chasing each other like kids (because we were trying to start jogging versus walking) and then one day he brings this cane along and says “how long have we been walking here?” and he’s swinging the cane as we walk, making strange remarks that are making me nervous. Many times I have given him power, like telling him I didn’t like the cane thing. I feel at this point I have picked up many of his traits (by proxy) and he doesn’t like me for it. I guess that means he doesn’t like himself either?