My name is "mr fibromyalgia"

Hi…My name is Fibromyalgia, and I’m an Invisible Chronic Illness. I am now velcrowed to you for life. Others around you can’t see me or hear me,but YOUR body feels me. I can attack you anywhere and anyhow I please. I can cause severe pain or, if I’m in a good mood, I can just cause you to ache all over.

Rememeber when you and Mr. Energy ran and around together and had fun?? I took Mr. Enerdy from you, and gave you Mr. Exhaustion. Try to have fun now! I also took Good Sleep from you and, in its place, gave you Mr. Brain Fog. I can make you feel cold or hot when everyone else feels normal. Oh yeah, I can make you feel anxious or depressed, too. If you have something fun to plan, I can take that away from you too. You didnt ask for me. I chose you for various reasons:That virus you have had that you never recovered from, or maybe it was the years of abuse and trauma. well, anyway, I’m here to stay!

I hear you’re going to see a doctor who can get rid of me. I’m rolling on the floor laughing. Just try. you will have to go many, many doctors until you find one who can help you effectively. you will be put on pain pills, sleeping pills, energy pills, and will be told you are suffering depression and anxiety. You was told to exercise propertly that it make me go away. No one will seriously feel when you cry to the doctor how debilitating life is every day.

Your family, friends, and co-workers will all listen to you until they just get tired of about how I make you feel daily. Well remember, you can’tdo the things you use to do 20 YEARS ago, not hearing that you just said 20 DAYS ago. !! Some will just start talking behind your back while you slowly feel that you are losing your dignity trying to make them understand, especially when you are in the middle of a conversation with a “Normal” person, and can’t remember what you were going to say next.!!

In closing, (I was hoping that I kept this part a secret), but I guess you already found out… the ONLY place you will get any support and understanding in dealingwith ME, Mr. Fibromyalgia…is will Other People with Fibromyalgia.

by Terri Been

Very well put…
Many days I want my old life back and now its all just like a dream and then I had to wake up to this!!!
All we can do is wish for more good days…

Diana