My son's surprise diagnosis

Our 2 year son was just diagnosed with ACC after a cat scan. We really were not expecting anything to be wrong. We were there for something completely unrelated! He was a little late in sitting and he had trouble with some food textures but, otherwise, he’s developed as any typical 2 year old. We’re very concerned. We’d like to connect with any other parents out there who can give us a little insight into what is in store. I feel now we are over analyzing his every move! What can we do to help him thrive?

I will be out of the office Friday August 1st returning Monday August 4th.
Thank you,
David Beal

The information in this e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and all of its attachments.

Like you I too found out that I had ACC after an MRI for something unrelated. However I am also 37 yrs old. As far as my experience goes, we didn’t find out until about a year and a half ago. I hope that I can offer you help with any questions you might have. I too, developed “normally”. MY biggest issue is with social interactions and social cues. Otherwise I was able to finish high school and attend college and finish there as well. I would encourage you to look into all possible early intervention programs that are available to you for him to attend. Other than that, just enjoy him and be proud of him as he succeeds in learning different things.
All the best to you,
leyd