My story!

I amstill comming out and telling people i had a problem with alcohol. I started drinking at the age 12. My first drink ever was at 10 but the problem didn’t come till i was 12. I started drinking every day by the time i was 13. I continued to drink more and more every day. By the time i was 14 i was drinking 12 bottles ov what ever i could get my hands on. Then i usually topped those off with alot of liqure(sp). At that time it just didn’t seem like enough for me. I started smoking pot. It wasn’t an every day thing with that when i first started. But about 6 months after my first hit i was smoking everyday. I would go through an ounce in two days.If anyone knows how much that is. Everyday i would wake up and do the samt thing over and over again. I was married and had a kid at the age of 18. Didn’t smoke or drink when i was pregnant. I just couldnt do it. But as soon as i had my daughter i was right back into my old habbits. I am talking i was drinking and smoking as soon as i was released from the hospital.Plus the doc’s gave me a perscription for codine and i took a months supply in a week.I had a deadly combo going on and i couldn’t get out.When i was 20 i was dooing so much drinking and smoking i got a job just to pay for my habits. I didn’t keep it long. Surprise. When i got pregnant with my second child my husband left because he couldn’t handle my addiction anymore. I quite again. In that nine months i was clean i saw my life for what it was. I had a loving daughter and a son on the way and my addiction was ruining my life. That was my moment of clairity. I got help by telling those around me and since march 20 2005, the day i found out i was pregnant i vowed to never touche another drink or j again.I never did get help professinaly nor did i join a group for support. But joining this group will help me alot.I had one drink back in december that i really regret. I don’t want to fall back into the same habit again and i know it will always be something i will battle for the rest of my life. It is an everyday battle.
~ashley~