Natural Remedies for Pain?

Anyone know of any natural remedies for chronic pain?

What kind of pain? Muscle, neuropathic, bone, visceral?  Tell me more about it.

Oh sorry, I should have been more specific.

I have Dercum’s Disease and through my searches I have found the only complete pain relief is acheived with opiate drugs like oxicontin and morphine. I don’t want to take anything that strong but I also do not want to be in pain! I doubt there are any natural pain relievers that are that potent, but I would try anything.

After looking into the disease, I get the impression it may be primarily neuropathic.  I keyworded "natural remedies for neuropathy" and got a zillion results.  It will take time and trial and error to find something helpful, but you might find something effective pretty quickly.  One thing I'm looking at for neuropathy related to lyme disease is Samento, which has only a few sources.  My neighbor tried it and had a significant improvement in pain. 

Good luck!

Oh thanks… I don’t know why I didn’t think to search nueropathy! I am on Gabapentin right now (among other things) and it is a nerve pain drug. I am also on pain relievers and anti-depressants.

Thanks again, I will look into it more and make a list for my doctor. (I would have to make sure with him because of possible drug interactions)

Let me know what he says.

In another support group this drug interaction checking site was posted. I haven’t used it yet but it looks like a great place to check for drug interactions!

http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/drugchecker/default.asp?trx=1D5027&atrx=dps-