Nausea relief for pancreatitis?

Can anyone tell me what you do to calm down the nausea? Had to rely on pain meds today and the nausea is terrible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Jackie

I always use fenergan but if you have already tried that here is a
trick they did last spring at the hospital during a CT.

They had me smell rubbing alcohol! The nurses said it flips a switch.
It didn’t stop the inevitable bc I had to drink that crappy stuff and
it was bound to come back up. But it does help me get over the hump of
nausea sometimes if I just lay still. Worth a try?

Also, Ginger is a natural remedy. I don’t like carbonation when I am
nausea but I know that varies by person.

Good luck. I understand, most people don’t realize that feeling nausea
in our situation pretty much stops us in our tracks!!

Amanda

Amanda,
Thanks so much! I am on my way to the rubbing alcohol and perhaps a little ginger too.
Many thanks! Hoping you are having a pain free day-
Hugs to you,
Jackie

There is also an over the counter medication that works great. Ask you pharmacist. He should be able to tell you the name.

Vonnie

Thanks so much Vonnie. It finally passed. It is the worst! I just hate that
terrible nausea!

Jackie

Hey Jackie and all,

I also experience nausea often. It is so unpredictable sometimes. I use a combination of Phenergan and Zofran. Zofran doesn’t cause the drowsiness so I use that when I have to be up and around(with my 4 kids). I use the Phenergan tabs when I can go to bed.

I did learn something recently though, about IV phenergan. The last 2 hospitalizations I have had for AP I have had lots of struggles with blowing my veins. They have had to give me a number of IVs. I looked like a bruised pin cusion. Anyway. . .
When I had surgery a couple weeks ago, I was telling the nurse about my vein issues of late. She asked if I had phenergan and I said “yes and Zofran too” She explained that phenergan is acidic and is probably the cause of my blown veins.

I do not have a port so IVs are what they use for now. So I will request IV Zofran from now on. I also plan to request a PIC line if I ever have a bad flare requiring a long hospitalization ever again. I am tired of dealing with all the pokes.

Keri

Keri,
I deal with the vein issue too. I just thought I had tiny veins!
See girls, I told you we learn new things every day here!

Thanks, Keri :slight_smile:

Wisshing you a pain free day!

Hugs,
Jackie