Need advise about cutting

I thought my son was cutting his self. The other day when I called the kids to let them knew we were on are way home. My daughter told me that her brother had cut words on his arm. He tried to tell me that he was doing it at a safe place on his arm and he proved his point. As soon as my daughter called me a called his counclor. I don’t know what to do. I know he is mad because we told him that having girlfriends 13 & 14 yr olds are and he is going to be 18 this summer. He only has one friend he told me that he is doing it too. We don’t know what to do.

I use to cut myself when ever I felt pain inside it some how diminisishes that other pain but its so not healthy you need to make him stop because one day he could cut himself in the wrong place out of anger that is what happened to me and I almost died from it. He need to get to his counselor immeditely the sooner the better. After I did that big cut that was my last time I promised my parents I would work out my anger differently and I never did it again not saying it doesn’t come to my mind but I still won’t do it many prayers for you and him and big hugs and sending you a hadful of hope your way hope he stops.

I agree too that you did the right thing by calling the councilor right away…Keep on doing what you are doing and supporting him and getting him the help he needs. I definately think you did the right thing. I think that this is a call for help from your son, and you are right by not letting it go!

thank you I’m going to try and talk to his conselor today again. my husband said maybe we can commite him to see what is going on with him. today it is like nothing happen to him that is the way he is acting. He told me he done it at school.

Hi motherhen

I also have some personal experience with cutting. I have done some research into it and will send you some background info and suggestions for preventing it and developing more healthy coping strategies.

Poppy x

than you all I’m glad I can talk to someone and have the support.

I have lots of personal experience with this topic - but I stopped on my own… no one who knew what I was doing ever considered getting me help… it is a VERY SERIOUS psychological illness that prompts people to cut themselves as their way of releasing emotional pain… you did the EXACT right thing by calling his counselor… you are being supportive, kind and caring, and that is what your son needs… and professional help. Take care, I wish you, your son, and your family the best… many hugs.

I agree with all that Bridget said about cutting. One of my Beat Friend’s had a daughter 14 yrs old that was cutting herself, she tool her to counseling and a PDoc for months and she thought her daughter had stopped. Then one morning she woke up and her daughter wasn’t breathing anymore. She had cut herself in the wrong place when she went to bed and died by the next morning

we sre going to talk to his counclor on the 14th. that is the soon as he can get us in. We are keeping a close watch on him and so is the school. We try and keep live at home normal for right now. Let him go to youth groups.

You really do need to check on him at home all the time as I told you about my friend It was the sadest day in my life

My son did it one time and never did it again, Thank God! I think he carved “Sorry” on his arm to me. I have read a lot about cutting also. I think he was trying to get his emotions out and it was a cry for help. This was before his bipolar meds. I hope this was a one time thing for your son, too. Of course, I agree with all the others, you have to get him counseling.

When I was in school, there was a girl that always had cuts on her arm. When we asked her about what they were, she said her cat had done it. Had I known what I know now, I would’ve tried to talk to her.

Cutting onself is a cry for help and he need all the help he can get so get him so help quickly. My daughter use to do that then I put her in the hospital and that was put to a stop and she has not done it in two years.