Nerve entrapment

I am a mom with a son who has suffered with Hirschsprungs, Arthritis, Asthma, Bi-Polar and Learning Difficulties. I would take all of that over our new fight. He is now suffering with Nerve entrapment that is in an abdominal scar from one of his very first surgeries he had as a baby. His treatment is to have sympathetic lumbar shots. He goes every month for a shot (they should last longer) but sometimes he has to go more often. While he waits for his appt. he has to take morphine, its the only thing that helps. Now he is having spasms in that area that cancel out the shot so he is taking muscle relaxers. I am looking for a better treatment. We tried to excise the scar but that didn’t work. Anyone have any info for me?

I have nothing to help you with your awful situation, but I wanted to say that I am new to CarePlace and it is a wonderful place full of supportive and intelligent people and I hope there will be someone on here who can offer you some assistance. It is a place where you can at least vent and receive support, so please hang in there. Wishing you and your son all the best.