New and a tad lost

I was diagnosed with biploar almost a year ago and I’ve never had the chance to talk to anyone about it before, as the one person I knew who had anything similair took her own life in April. I was never diagnosed with depression before being diagnosed and put on medication for bipolar. I joined this site just to share experiences so I dont feel completely alone, because I dont often understand whats happening to me and people seem unwilling to talk about it. My manic stages are what worry me the most, I tend to go angry/violent complete with my delusions of grandeur rather than happy, almost seeming drunk. So if anyone would share their experiences with me, id really appreaciate it.
Thank you :slight_smile:

welcome you are not alone i too was diaqniosed a year ago as bp1 so my manias got the best of me i almost lost everything that matters to me my wife my son my house everything!!! i cheated i lied i did drugs i didn’t care about anyone but myself my episiode and trip to the hospital woke me up to what is realy important in my life my meds are what keep me stable my next hurdle is to get back to work im taking classes right now adult ed and hope to go on to collage at 40 it’s a bold move but im up for it so my advice is stay on your meds if they keep you stable hopefully your live will turn around best of luck to you