New EBV member

Hi, I am new to the board. I was dx’ed with EBV on April, 23 2007. I was getting sick, getting better and getting sick. I went to the hospital to get some answers. I am some one that does not get sick often. While I was at the hospital they did some blood work and a urin test. Everything came back normal. They said it was a viral infection and that there was nothing they can do. They told me if I was not better in a week to make a doctor app. They also said to get plenty of rest and fluids. A week went buy and I still was not better. I called my doctor and made an app. They did a full work up of EBV, Lym and thyroid. When the results came back they were all normal. I was getting mad because I did not know what was happening. A week went buy and went back to the hospital because I started to wake up with panic attack’s. They again told me there is nothing they can do. I then called the doctor and told him that I still had fatiuge and no appitite. He said he would call the lab and have them run test again with a check on my test levels. He also made me get an endooscopy to see if there was something wrong with my upper GI track. I stared to feel better got the endo done and when I got out of the appointment and saw there was a message from my doctor he said the test came back that I had EBV. I have relapsed about three times. I am still battleing it today. I started to see a therapist three weeks ago to help with the depression and panic attacks. It has helped a lot. I started on my antti depression meds last night.

I have fond many things that helped me with EBV. I baught a e-book on line that was very good. It was called “how I cured my EBV”. Web md is very informitive. Take a multi V and V-C. Drink plenty of fluids, get rest when you feel tired. Try and do some exercise on the days you feel good, but don’t over do it. They say that it could take months before you get your normal energy levels back. Try and keep a positive outlook. I know it is hard because of all the up and down days. This is my tenth week with this and I am starting to feel better.

You are not alone out there. I hope this helps people. Any question I will get back asap. Thanks and good luck.