New Here and Glad to Find This Forum

Hello everyone. I have been suffering from chronic clinical depression for over nine years now. Currently, my meds are not working, yet again and I am having a terrible time today. However, I do have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and hope, once again, that there is some medication out there that can be of help. It constantly amazes me how much this disease costs in time wasted, money spent, tears shed, etc. I’m sure you have all wondered the same thing I have: Why ME? What did I ever do to deserve this? I know the answer is nothing but somehow that just doesn’t seem to cut it. I’m interested to see if any of you have any suggestions.

While I know that is true, it makes you wonder why you out of all the people out there. But, hey, you deal with the cards you are dealt. Since I posted that message, I have seen my doctor and am on new meds which have had a slight effect so far, which is a good sign.

Thanks for the encouragement and keep in touch.

My doctor now believes I might have small manic episodes and we are going to investigate adding mood stabilizers into the mix. Sometimes I feel like a recipe instead of a person, don’t you?

I don’t know that I handle this any better than anyone else. I just keep trying to have a positive attitude though I admit it is hard at times. Today, for example, I seem to have no energy so I have been just sitting here watching tv all day. Tomorrow is another day.

Lad~
Mood stabalizers work wonders…glad that you are feeling somewhat better and I have my fingers crossed that they continue to do so.
Keep me posted and know that you have a lot of people on your side~

I agree with survivor 2005. Mood stabilizers can be really helpful. My son was put on lamictal after years of antidepressants that never worked much, and we have seen improvement.

HELLO. I’M NEW HERE TOO.DEPRESSION DOES SUCK THE LIFE RIGHT OUT OF YOU. I’VE BEEN DEPRESSED FOR 17 YEARS. ALTHOUGH I AM MUCH BETTER NOW, EVERY DAY IS A STRUGGLE. KEEP ON THE MEDS. I KNOW THEY ARE A PAIN BUT BELIEVE ME, IF YOU GET OFF OF THEM YOU WILL BE ALOT WORSE. KEEP SMILING AND IF YOU NEED ANYONE TO TALK TO I AM HERE

He Illo, I’m new to this type of format. Let me tell you about myself. I’m an addict and alcoholic, and I have zero recovery right now!I feel depressed , and I don’t know how to deal with it. I wake up wishing I hadn’t, and want to climb under a rock! Feelings of anxiety run through me all day long , and I can’t find a way out of my own head Please help Thanks! CJL

I play music boxes sometimes to quiet “the voices”. Hey whatever works…