New Here

Hi all, my name is Penny. I am almost 36 years old and have had JRA ince I was born. Yes I was born with it. I wasn't diagnosed until I was a year and a half old. I had m firt surery when I was 6 years old. I had my first knee replaced when I was 15 years old. So far I have had maybe about 8 - 10 joint surgeries. I am confined to an electric wheelchair. I have been in a wheelchair for about 21 years. Currently neither of my wrists, elbows,or knees move. The doctors cannot figure out why my knees will not move. Both of my knees are replaced.

I have an older sister and a niece who is 16 years old. I live at home with my Mom & Dad. I need help to do everything - dressing, washing my hair, comb my hair, transfer from my wheelchair onto/off the toilet and in/out of bed, & in/out of the shower. I feel like a huge drain on my family. For them they have a 36 year old baby tht always has to be watched. I am always in pain even though I have a Morphine pump. and tke oral pain meds alo.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come here and whine so much but it has been tough lately. I look forward to getting to know you all Penny