New Symptoms of PPS

Do any of you have these symptoms.

Numbness in the right side of face,? my right eye tears uncontrollably and I have a feeling in my head like you can feel the nerve endings and it stays with me as long as a week.

I am so glad that I am not alone with this PPS.? I am going to try Yoga to help me with my breathing and with the pain.? There are some Yoga exercises to help your? muscles in your throat which will help you to eat without chocking.? I also try and walk everyday and I lift eight pound weights to keep my muscles strong and it help me to relive the pain.?

??? Laureen

Email and AIM finally together. You’ve gotta check out free AOL Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

Lareen, it could be that the lifting of the weights may be adding pressure to your jaw. Do you clench your teeth or hold your breath when you lift the weights.?? I know that you need to conserve your strength to preserve it and lifting any weights may not be a good use of strength. I used to lift very heavy weights pre pps days to keep my figure and for exercise. i am luckey to be able to carry my purse these days, Beverly

koko60 post-polio-cpt6565@lists.careplace.com wrote:

-----Original Message-----
To: laurerypst@aol.com
Sent: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:29 pm
Subject: Re: [post-polio] New Symptoms of PPS

Hi-I found this old e-mail in my PPS folder that I save info. in.Anyways, I wanted to tell you that my dr. said that is a common problem us PPS’ers have, The muscle at the end of our esophogus doesn’t relax , allowing food or drink to pass into our stomach.There is a medicine that you can take for it, I will try to find the papers on the condition my dr. gave me and get back to you.But you should take small bites, spaced farther apart than you normally take, and take a drink of fluid of some kind in between bites.When it happens to me, I panic and think I am having a heart attack or something cuz it hurts like heck!! Then when I panic, it takes longer for the muscle to relax.Darn- I can’t find the paper.Sorry.But it is a common problem with us.Check with your dr.Good luck to you!! Friends, Kori G

koko60 post-polio-cpt6565@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Thanks for sending this to me. I Knew this because of the type of polio I
had in the beginning. I had bulbar polio and that affects the area you are
talking about a well as ones breathing. I am having a very had time they told me
I have MS a well as PPS. I still am able to drive but walking is out for the
most part. Then to add insult I have a diverticular problem and had to have
the most of my colon removed last fall. All this together has been pure hell.
I am trying to come back to some sort of activity. I just want to be useful
again.At least my Dr takes care of all my pain isues.

Mary

**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)