New things

Tomorrow i am to begin attending a depression support group, and i’m scared to death. This is a small town, with small town ways, alot of hypocrisy, and gossip. i won’t know who is in the group til i get there, how arge the group is. i tried to go last week, but couldnt even stop my car and park. my shyness certainly doesn’t help, and tho i am trying to be calm, i am getting awfully stressed.

Just look at it this way, whoever else IS there, will know that YOU know
they are there too!
Go for it!!! and good luck and God bless.
<><

thank you, i did’nt think of that side of it-it’s true and it does help. it’s great to have this place to come to. i AM going to go, i just wish i didn’t feel like throwing up!

thank you, i did’nt think of that side of it-it’s true and it does help. it’s great to have this place to come to. i AM going to go, i just wish i didn’t feel like throwing up!

Did you go? How was it? I really do hope that you went… And I agree about the part that if you see someone you know then they are in the same boat as you …Who knows you might find someone close that you can help each other…
Lets us know how it went!

Diana

i went-actually made it in the door this time. There was only one other person ther plus the facilitator, so i was very uncomfortable, anxious-just too much focus on me. i’m not sure i’ll go back, but i guess it’s only fair to give it at least one more try. Thanks for the encouragement, and wish me luck for Monday!

Wow, only one other person. Did you know that person?
Might as well go a couple more times and see if it works for you.
Good job!!
Dawn <><

Wow con, you overcame a huge fear of yours by going! Now you know what to expect next time which will make it easier for you. Sometimes having few people there is better. This other person can probably relate to you better than anyone else.

Your are headed in the right direction and I’m proud of you!

renee

i’m a little proud myself, as shy and anxious as i am! They meet again tomorrow and i’m alreadyt not too many, i won’t feel so in the spotlight. Can’t believe hw hard this is!

i’m a little proud myself, as shy and anxious as i am! They meet again tomorrow and i’m alreadyt not too many, i won’t feel so in the spotlight. Can’t believe hw hard this is!

Has anyone gone through withdrawal from getting off an SSRI?
I’m continuing to wean off Paxil, and it’s been rough. But I really want to
be free of it, and I don’t want to take more drugs.
Dawn <><