New to this site....Maybe someone can help?

I am 26 years old and have never had sexual intercourse or been to a gynecologist. For several months I have noticed that I have a burning, itching, irritation in my genital area, mostly around the time of my period. I have also noticed that some of the skin in that area has become discolored in patches of a lighter or white color. There has been some swelling at times and slight cracking around the discolored areas. I described this to someone who told me that it sounds like I have herpes. As I said earlier, I have never had sexual intercourse, so I don’t know how this could be possible. Also, I have done some research and it doesn’t seem like herpes to me. At first I thought it was a yeast infection or possibly a ph imbalance, but I don’t really think so. I believe that I may have Lichen Sclerosus. It is the only thing that I have found that seems to describe what it is almost perfectly. I’m not sure however, if Lichen Sclerosus is worse during or around menstruation and whatever I have seems to be worse at that time.

I know that I definitely need to make an appointment to see a gynecologist, but I would appreciate any help or suggestions.