New to this

Just found out 8 weeks ago that our unborn daughter has Dandy Walker Variant but leans more to a malformation and we’re trying to prepare as much possible before she arrives and not sure what the future could hold. Just want to hear from someone that it is not a hopeless situation.

— Kelly Mac dws-cpt8947@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Just found out 8 weeks ago that our unborn daughter
has Dandy Walker Variant but leans more to a
malformation and we’re trying to prepare as much
possible before she arrives and not sure what the
future could hold. Just want to hear from someone
that it is not a hopeless situation.

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go
to http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

It’s not a hopeless situation! I was born with
hydrocephalus due to a dandy-walker cyst almost 36
years ago! I have had quite a few revisions and alot
of surgeries due to complications, but I am still
doing great! My last surgeries was over 8 years ago!
I am married to my high school sweetheart and have
been happily married for almost 5 years now. I have
had alot of surgeries, but every situation is
different. By time I graduated from high school I had
10 surgeries. After that I had alot of complications
and ended up with 15 more surgeries. There’s been
alot of cases where you may have about 5 revisions to
lengthen the shunt and that would be it. Everyone is
different. I graduated from high school and went to
college. I am a certified computer technician. If
you have any questions please feel free to ask!

~Larry

____________________________________________________________________________________

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

I just gave birth to our daughter 2 weeks ago (34 weeks pregnant). She has Dandy-Walker malformation w/hydrocephalus. She also had a bowel obstruction which took first priority. She had surgery for that at 2 days old and might need another one. They can’t put in her shunts until the stomach dr. ok’s it. Yesterday they put in a resevoir valve to drain off fluid as needed until they can do the shunts. I spent so much time while pregnant worrying about everything I could think of to worry about. I read just as many stories with bad outcomes as I saw good. There’s really no way to know what to expect. We won’t really know how the Dandy-Walker will affect her until she starts growing. But I do know this much- she is our miracle gift from God and I wouldn’t trade her for anything! His plan for her is far greater than any fear I have for her future.He can take it all away if that were His will, but as of now He’s chosen not to. He’s in control and for that I’m grateful. Jesus is watching over her, I can’t ask for anything better than that! I know it’s hard , but try not to dwell on the negative you’ll come across. The range of outcomes varies way too much to expect the worst. God bless!