Newbie with lots of questions

Hello group. I got a suspected diagnosis of endo on thursday. While a bit of a relief to finally have a potential answer as to why I’m having so much pain, I’m not too keen on the treatment at this time.

My doc is still in the process of ruling every other possible thing out, so I’m on my 3rd course of anti-biotics for no specific infection. (they make me sick, so I’m rapidly loosing weight)

He prescribed me lortab for pain and ambien to help me sleep through it. Well as crazy as it sounds, the lortab actually GIVES me migraines. I have 6.5 month old twins who I must be able to tend to them, so I’m pretty concerned about the Ambien too. I don’t want to be making bottles in my sleep an possibly have one too hot or do anything else that might harm my children.

Are there other medications to manage the pain that may better work for my situation?

The doc pulled my IUC and prescribed Nuvaring. Has anyone had any success with the nuvaring reducing the estrogen induced pain? Has anyone tried not taking the week of to induce menstruation. (we don’t really need to menstruate) Does skipping menstruation completely provide reasonable relief?

My husband’s mother was a “pill-popper” who died when he was 12, so he is very against my taking any pain pills at all. (he even asked the nurses to stop giving them to me after my c-section)

Alieve, high-doses of ibuprofen, and other common OTC pain killers aren’t helping at all, but I don’t want to be in a narcotic stuper the rest of my life either.

My husband wants more kids down the road (he’s crazy!) and apparently, according to the twins, I’m still fertile, so I’m not too eager to get the plumbing yanked, especially if it won’t work.

(I wasn’t in much pain during the pregnancy, other than standard preggers with twins discomfort)

Is the location of the pain any indication of where the lesions actually are? If so I have them on the ascending colon, left ovary, uretha and probably more places.
Can laproscopy work for those areas as an alternative to a hysterectomy?

I’m also having trouble with muscle spasms/twitches randomly throughout my lower body. Is that possibly related?

I guess that is all of my questions for now.

Thanks for any feedback I can get!

I am not up on all the new meds being used, I was put on Danacrine for a year to stop all periods but I felt like an old spayed dog,
I have 5 surgeries to remove adhesions, which cause so much of the pain. Stopping the adhesions from forming and that seems to mean the edometrial tissue growing outside the uterus must stop. Estrogen increases the growth. With this disease it seems to me it’s, do you want kids? if you do~ start with the best fertility doc you can get. if no children are being sought then hysterectomy would be your solution. My pain never stopped I bled for 10 months solid one year. But my complete hysterectomy answered that problem of course I have never been able to have children. My first surgery was at 18 they called it Blood Cyst then…
I wish everyone the best of luck and love your babies if you are lucky enough to get one. ~smile~