Newly diagnosed

i have just been diagnosed with breast cancer and i am now waiting for my op date.i feel so lost and scared i have 3 young children so it is all too much for me im trying to remain positive but it is so hard.just need to hear from other cancer patients to tell me everything is going to be ok.

thankyou i will look into the sites you mentioned.

Hi, Tyra,

I know what you are going through. I was diagnosed in APril 2005, stage 3a, her2+, node+,ER-.
I have four young children. They were all that was on my mind.
I am still here now, and will be for a long time. I know that you will get throuhg it.
For me, my children were my motivation, they helped me through the difficult days, and they were a lot stronger than I had ever imagined.

Hi Tyra,
I, too, was justed diagnosed with breast cancer. About 2 months or so ago. I have already had a mastectomy. all my lymph nodes removed, and LD reconstruction. I am only 3 weeks out and I am already here to support you. It is amazing how strong the body is. You can do this. You will survive. And you are never alone.

That's right, Tyra, you're not alone.  I'm Suzie's mom. How are you doing? As a mom, I know that your children are you foremost concern, but you have to take care of yourself in order to take care of them.  Children are amazingly strong and usually more mature than we give them credit for.

I've had 22 or 23 surgeries (I forget now), and a lot were done when Suzie was really young in elementary and before. We always told her what was going on and what was going to happen. Even at five or six she took things in stride and tried to help out. Of course, she is the perfect child ;)!  And I'm sure your's are, too.

You'll get well from this, because  you have to; and your kids are going to help you so much, if only just snuggling on days when you feel bad or are just feeling blue. You sound like a terrific mom!

Brightest Blessings,

Debbie

Hi Tyra,

You will do great!!!!! I am scared too but have passed my two surgery hurdles and now starting chemo treatment next week. I have two very small children, my almost two year old that I just adopted and his baby sister who we are still in the process of adopting. I never ever worried about breast cancer and now here I am. Take one day at a time, its too overwhelming to think past the next day. Atleast you have found this great site, everyone here is so caring and helpful. You have a bad day bring it here and someone will help you feel better. I have two sites I visit a few times a day to bring a smile to my face. We are here with you and we will all beat this:) Take Care

4kmom (Monique)

Had my surgery (mas . of rt. breast and free tram flap for reconstruction) on 5/15. I was in the hospital 7 days. I left the hospital with 3 drains. They removed one before I left the hospital . I came back to work on 5/29. I went to the plastic surgeion last Friday for a check-up. I am doing GREAT. They removed the remaing 3 drains. I have not had a lot of pain. I also have arthritis in both knees, so 150 mg of tramadol every 12 hours has worked great. I find now that I can stretch the doses out even more now. My first night home I had problems getting situated in bed, but that gets better each night. My fianal test results revealed that I am cancer free. Praise be to God! I have opted not to have radiation or Chemo. The size of the cancer was 3.5 cm.

Thank you to all that prayed with me through this. Please conntinue to pray for me.

Love…Patsy12

I don’t see any recent posts from tyra, but I hope that she’s doing just great…The scariest moment of my life was when I was given the news of breast cancer last march 10th and went through surgery and months of rads, follow up appts. at the hospital…After the freefall, I did regain faith in myself and got through it, just as you have I’m sure, xxoo