Non usa drugs

This is just me on my soapbox, so ignore me if you are so inclined.
That out of the way I just felt strongly to warn those of you who might be considering drugs from out of the country. I know we all get those emails and pop up ads that you can get any drug you want for discounted prices. This is not a good idea. Our pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices are all tightly regulated by the FDA. This is a good thing because it means you know you are getting exactly what you are supposed to and nothing else. There is nothing added that is not supposed to be there (such as melamine). You know they (the manufactureres) are not taking shortcuts to save money or time. You also know extensive testing has gone on. Although there is no way to know how the drug will affect every single person, they test them on thousands of people over 8-10 years before releasing it for general use.
This is not necessarily true everywhere in the world. You have no way of knowing where those drugs might be coming from. Maybe they came from somewhere with our standards, but maybe not. Is is worth your life?

If you want something to think about, research chinese cough syrup and diethylene glycol. They cut corners and many children died as a result. This was in the SF Chronicle very recently.

Ok, I’m done. I just want everyone to be as safe as possible and to make informed decisions whenever they can.