"normal life"

I’m so worried. Can you wonderful people out there with bipolar/or major depressixx tell me if I can expect my 25 year old son to be able to live a “normal life”? The first 15 years of his life was fine, but it’s been 10 years since he’s been having troubles. He has a great pdoc now and is on a few meds that seem to help, but he stays in the house 95% of the time and in his room 85% of the time. How is he going to get better? He’s not like the schizophrenic guy down the block (no insult intended). He “appears” normal in every way. We have daily conversations about every day things. He is smart and kind and funny. But, he just doesn’t function out of the house.
Can you guys tell me the one or two key things that helped you have a life? I would appreciate it so much. Hugs to you all!

Geting out of the house even just for walks helps,listerning to Tony Robins tapes reading his books. Was challage by a Dr. to photgraph depression,that go me outside more often.

I do indoor gardening,listern to music that bring pleasant memories.work on computers,follow the advice of Edgar Cayce…"start with what you have,the rest will follow"
That piece of advice makes you think of what you do have no matter how little it may be!!.

half (okay-99%) of the time all i can think about is how NOT normal my life is, n that pulls me down deeper. i worry all the time that i will never function okay. i didn’t start to feel this way until my undiagnosed bp had dragged my life through the mud. he is young and he has you to help- and understand. if he can stay on a treatment regimine, he probably has a better chance of not spiraling himself into the (perceived) oblivion of a worthless life.