Not sure what to do

I am in love with and live with a man recently diagnosed with Bipolar. He is not properly medicated or seeing a psychiatrist yet, waiting for financial assistance to be prescribed and afford his medication. He was on an antidepressant and mood stablizer for a couple weeks (and honestly, during that time, I began to see positive changes). Now he is on an antidepressant only, prescribed by his medical doctor. which, from what I have read, is not a good route to go. I have read that it can trigger mania or hypomania. He was in a severely depressed state recently, although has had long bouts of mania/hypomania in the past. I have recently begun to see symtoms of what I believe may be the onset of hypomania/mania, although they are suttle. This is all very new to me and I want to make sure I handle it correctly. I contacted a support group but it doesn’t meet until next month and I’m very concerned now. I let him know my concerns about being only on the antidepressant, but received a very negative response. I want to tell him that I’m seeing signs (not sleeping, jumpier personality, changes in sex patterns), but I am afraid of setting him off at this point. I mentioned it briefly, but he denied it, now, a few days later, the symptoms seem somewhat stronger. He has been very irrational in the past. On the other hand, I think, as his partner, I have a responsibility to tell him what I am noticing, even if he is disagreeable. I just wonder if waiting it out for a month (until he can receive proper medical care) is advisable. How much control can a Bipolar person really have, without proper medication, just by knowing the symptoms are beginning to surface? Thanks so much to anyone who took the time to read this.

Hi Margaretann: My name is Suzzanna. I would like to first know if I can add you to my friends list. To let you know what to do all I can do is to advize you to do, and that is only if you have nerves of steel is to try to stick with him. If you love him that much. If not you will not make it because I have been where you are only I am the one with the bipolar-manic-depression. Now I have had this disease for quite a long time and have seen many doctors for it and nine years ago I found the right doctor and I can now control it somewhat. But I have pretty much been alone for that long period of time because it is so hard for a couple to go it together when one of them has this particular disease. The symptoms you discribed to me definitely sound like bipolar and without meds and just a mood elevator it can be very, very hard on you girl. As far as talking to him about it most of the time it is not wise to even bring it up because men do not like to even think that they are marred with any kind of disease , much less a severe one like this one. If he brings it up then talk to him, but I would say to leave well enough alone, and believe me I know it is very tough not to say anything. Even if you do it will only make him even more mad and make things between the two of you worse. Others will tell you to push it and try to make him talk to you about it, but I believe that by doing that will only make him leave you sooner because HE will not want to talk about it.But all I can do is give you advice, you do with it what you want. I by no means am trying to be cold or harsh, I am only telling you what I know to be the truth.
I hope that you will be my friend and keep in touch with me and let me know how things are progressing. Just send me a message and let me know. I am adding you to my friends list if you don’t care. I am also sending you lots of love and many hugs and May God be with you.l

God Bless You, Your friend, Suzzanna