Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Member Introductions

yeah - i am not sure i get this , but i have to play around with it. Thanks for the hug my friend!!

Hi, Your story sounds just like mine.I am over 70 and have suffered with OCD
most of my years.They used to tease me at work about my silly habits.

I didn’t know til I retired and saw a talk show about it what I had, I just thought I was crazy. My doctor says I’m just extra particular how things are kept and won’t give me anything.

Betty from Ontario, Canada

I’ve had ocd since the age of 5! I feel isolated socially in a small town in Iowa. I have no support groups here and am actually looking for a supportive friend who understands. I have alot to share also! I want to learn more about all facets of the illness esp. meds and side effects. Thanks,Maria.

Dr’s can be funny that way especially when we get older. I see a clinical Psychologist and I was in a very good OCD therapy group. If you want more information about ocd symptoms and places you can go to get help or books to read go to the OCFOUNDATION on line and they can give tones of info.

My therapist use to give me their news letters. They are connected with some of the best ocd experts in the country. Try not to get in the " obsess about being obsessed trap" I was there for a long time till I got the right therapy. It keeps you trapped thinking if your obsessing the right way or the wrong way or not enough about anything and everything. I don’t know if you have repetitive thinking with your obsessions but I do. I will think or say the same thing over and over until it finally sounds right and if it does not sound right then I have to start over again, with perfect detail, til it does. I guess this is also why I have to re arrange my furniture so much and clean and if I’m not cleaning then its stays in my mind over and over til I do which causes my a lot of anxiety. Ocd is an anxiety disorder.

Good luck, hope your Dr. takes the time to listen to you.

Mary

Hi Maria, this is Mary, how are you feeling. Funny how you me and Mish have all moved over to this other group. Oh and Mish if you read this Big Hi to you. Oh Maria you have all my email sites so you can always reach me anyware. You take care and I hope you get to know lots of nice people here. You deserve nice. m

Mary

any body else think germs can climb running water ?

Want to learn more about OCD symptoms, cure.

I have obsessive compulsive disorder and am seeking to connect with other for help and to relate.

I obsessive about food and bing eat usually at night when I’m bored or anxious. I need someone to talk to. I want to be able to control these feelings. Hopefully someone here can help.

Hello,

I am 40 yrs old, I have been diagnosed with ocd for about 11 years. I tried medication, response/prevention therapy and conventional therapy and suicide. Nothing worked.
I am currently undergoin therapy. I am not taking any medications right now, it has been about 6-7 months, I have not been taking anything.

Tonight I feel really depressed and suicidal.

My only strength are my kids. I keep on thinking about them and I feel stronger.
But I have no more hopes. I don’t think I will never get rid of this monster. I think it is here to stay for good, but I don’t think I can keep on going like this. Nomore.
However I would like to talk to someone that share my pain.

A desperate, OCD victim.

I’ve been struggling with OCD since SIX YEARS OF AGE… at a time, BEFORE anybody HAD A NAME FOR IT, or, KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT; except for “Dr. Freud”… who thought that: “it HAD SOMETHING TO DO… with TOILET TRAINING in MEN!!!” But then… with “Dr. Freud” IT’S ALL… either ORAL or ANAL!!! 8-)))

In addition… i’ve: BEEN “FEATURED” on ABC TV’s 20/20… i was the SECOND HOARDER… that they EVER HAD ON THE SHOW… nearly 15 YEARS AGO!!!

i’ve been the “resident expert”, in numerous online support groups… many, based in England… and some, in the midwest…

i’ve also been on DOZENS of SSRI medications… some, with DISASTEROUS OUTCOMES (suicidal ideation, extreme weight gain, dehydration, worsening of conditions, etc, etc)… and, CBT programs… with LITTLE or NO positive results!!!

and now… i’m here!!!

I’ve known I have OCD for a year, but feel I have been living with it for my entire life. I want to connect and help with others with the same problems.

I have had some bad ocd since i was about 15. I am 19 now .mostly then just with counting and pulling at hair, now its evolved into this uncontrollable thought process and physical compulsions.

Hi I am Jezzabell. I want to meet others who have ocd also.

I am 46 years old and have been struggling with ocd since I was 9 years old. I have had severe episodes with it since I was 14 years old. I wasn’t diagnosed with this disorder until I was 36 and previous to that thought sometimes that I was crazy and all alone with it. My ocd is primarily pure obsessional and also classified as “responsibilty oc” that I recently learned about on the website “ocdonline” from an article by a Steven Phillipson on that site. When I read this article it literally blew my mind and I had to collect myself afterwards because I thought this was only “my ocd” and the article described me to a tee and taught me that I was not alone with this. Anyway, being that “pure-o” and especially “responsibility oc” are the rarest forms of ocd, I would like to learn more about them and find out if there are other individuals who share either of these or both(as I do)and would like to connect with me online.

Have battled OCD myself…would like to learn more about support groups in northeast ohio…connect with others who struggle with OCD.

My husband is severe OCD, he just continues to get worse instead of better even under doctors care.

I believe I have OCD and I would like to talk to others who have it.

I have this condition, based on mental anxiety and obessions but I do not commit rituals. I want to learn about other people with my condition and how they have overcome it and would like to connect with people who can teach me ways to get better.