Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

My friend ask me to support her. So, that’s what I am doing.

I saw this website advertised on another online community, and I wanted to see what it was all about. I really enjoy connecting with people who are struggling or have struggled with the same things I have. I hope that I can be a helpful part of this group.

I live in Central FL and have recently been re-diagnosed from Clinically Depressed to BiPolar Disorder. I’m learning how to correctly handle my condition and find it’s best to have people with the same conditions who I can talk to.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I am 60 years old and I have had ocd most of my life. I also have mild to major depression. I do therapy for both with a very good clinical Psychologist and have learned a lot about my illness and tecniques to help with the ocd. I also take a low dose antidrepressant and medication for anxiety

I am 60 years old and I have had ocd most of my life. I also have mild to major depression. I do therapy for both with a very good clinical Psychologist and have learned a lot about my illness and tecniques to help with the ocd. I also take a low dose antidrepressant and medication for anxiety

My 7 year old has OCD it is just so hard for her and us

Senior citizen with OCD since chilhood

Hi this is mem (mem1ocd)  I see my first message posted 3 times,  don’t know how that happened, maybe its a ocd trait my computer picked up from me?   10:30 last night I was re arranging my furniture.   Its part of my ocd/order thing and it has been pretty bad lately.   In the last say 10 days or so I have done this at least 5 times not to mention the smaller changes I do all the time with blanket throws and covers on my furniture.   But I also have chronic back pain because of degeneritive  disks in my lower back and scoleosis.   I just started phyisical therapy in my home but I need to stop this re arranging stuff.  Talk to my therapist about it when I saw him last Thursday.   This is the first time I have had to worry about my ocd causing me physical problems.      Thanks for listening       Mem

33 yr old. i have eating disorder, OCD, depression/anxiety, PMDD

I just joined this community today.I have ocd, I was diagnosed with it two years ago.

Welcome mish.

thank you mick- welcome to you too! i am just learning how to use this group:-)

hey just cause I posted that doesn’t mean I know how to use these things…i just joined a couple of days ago…i’m still learning too.Everyone here is really helpful…just ask a question and some one will respond.

Hi Mish.   See you made it. I’m still learning my way around.   How about you?   MEM

Hello Mick,  I just joined this group a few days ago.   I have had OCD most of my life and thats along time cause I’m 60.