Obsessive/compulsive

this might sound really trivial, but I seem to have this compulsion to search and search for something if I lose it. The item can be the smallest thing - or thing w/very little significance- but when I realize I’ve lost it, I have trouble letting it go until I search everywhere it could possibly be. Sometimes I find it, sometimes I don’t, sometimes it shows up days later unexpectedly. I tell myself not to worry - it will show up- or if it doesn’t it is not that important, but I seem to still have this obsession to look for it. One time it was someone’s business card at work - I didn’t really need it. Actually, that happened twice - 2 different cards. Today it was a favorite tank top. i don’t even need it now - its winter!! One time it was brand new jeans, my son had taken them by mistake. -honest mistake- no big deal. I was more mad at myself for obsessing than at him. I can get my mind off of the object and function, but it lurks in the back of my head until I do an all out search for it. Does anyone else have this problem or a remedy for it? or both?

I have OCD and I have learned for me to Just flow with it, I know that I get a bit out of control so my family helps bring me down. I get a constent thought on my head that will not go away(obsession) then I start other things usualy it is my house is dirty then I clean and I go over the top to the point that I even scrub the carpet in the car. Sometimes my husband helps me come down and other times he just lets it go. I can understand how you feel if I loose somthing I have to find it. Good luck

~ black ~ ME too!!! I also have this thing about having to have my dishes in the dishwasher a certain way. If someone puts something in the wrong place - I HAVE to move it! My friends said I’m anal but I know it’s the OCD. I also have to check & recheck the windows and doors that they are always locked. I’ve even locked my hubby out of the house while he was doing yard work! There’s more but I won’t bore you. ~ You are not alone!! ~ hugs ~

That sounds like me.