Obsessive Eating

I’m new to this site. I suffer from depression and OCD. I obsess mostly over food. Everything from what i’ll eat for lunch tomorrow to when I’ll eat it. If anyone suffers from this I’d love to have someone to talk to.

it “should be” (but often isn’t)… COMMON KNOWLEDGE…

that, “if you’re alone, lonely, depressed… you DON’T EAT”…

since, EATING ALONE… BECOMES WORK… and, MAKES YOU FEEL… MORE DEPRESSED!!! so, WHY “DO IT” at all…

besides… “IF I DON’T EAT… MAYBE… I’LL DIE”!!! (DOES THIS SOUND, “SOMEWHAT FAMILIAR”???)…

also, this is MORE COMMON in females than in males…

then, when you END UP in a RELATIONSHIP… you STOP WORRYING about EATING/WEIGHT/APPEARANCE for a while…

an, MIGHT EVEN start to GAIN SOME WEIGHT BACK… because, YOU’RE “NOT EATING ALONE”, “HAPPIER”, LESS DEPRESSED!!!

as to YOUR BEHAVIOR… THAT’S “CONTROLLING” BEHAVIOR… sometimes, THE RESULT of, or, a SIDE EFFECT… of WHATEVER SSRI medication you’re on!!!

“eating rituals” (obsessing about preparing food, what to eat, how many times to chew each bite before swallowing it, and on and on)… are a VERY COMMON OCD behavior…

(if you haven’t, get a copy of: The Boy Who Couldn’t Stop Washing by Judith L Rapaport, Ph.D… you’ll BE GLAD YOU DID… because, it’s a GREAT BOOK on DESCRIBING THE “MOST COMMON” OCD BEHAVIORS and RITUALS… but, LOUSY TITLE!!!)

feel free to e-mail me… either ON HERE… or at:

krazee_homeless_bum@yahoo.com

if you have ANY ADDITIONAL questions… or, would like MORE HELP!!!

in friendship, support, and understanding…

namaste,

zed null

Tonight is a good example of “not knowing when to stop eating.” I’ve been full since midday, but continued to eat more and more munchies and fill myself up with soda after soda, until I’m exhausted and have to lay down. I am dealing with a good level of depression lately as I lost my job a week ago (not fired, my shift was eliminated from the business due to slow sales.)
It’s hard to find work around my area, as more people are unemployed than not. Unfortunately my boss was not thoughtful enough to give me forewarning so I could have a job lined up when mine ended. I was given 4 days notice. My journals say it all…all the aweful crap I’m dealing with.

But, at first, I didn’t eat much. My appetite went to sh*t. Suddenly it’s back and now I just don’t know when to stop. It seems when I’m more active, I eat less. And when I lazy around the house all day, all I want is food.

Zed, thanks for the book suggestion. I’ll have to pick that one up once I find some money.

It seems you and I have the same ocd…with these dots…I do this quite frequently as well. hehe. Been working on it though.

By the way, I don’t take any meds for this. I am only on Remicade for Crohn’s Disease and my birth control. Soon to be on AmbienCR for sleep, as long as the doc agrees to prescribe it. I dont want to take any more meds than I have to, I’ve been on too many already throughout my life. They’ve either not worked, or messed me up more than imaginable. So I deal alone.