Oh Happy Day! My life right now

I finally get to go to the counselor today - yesterday was particularly awful - so I am excited about getting to talk to him even if it is only for 3 sessions. My job will only pay for 3 sessions - then I have to pay a 50% co-pay.

I checked my weight yesterday and I am down 10 lbs. I need to lose weight but not this way - its not healthy and plus I will gain back twice as much when I do start eating again. I used to be 130 lbs - after 7 years I went up to 200 - I am now 188 lbs. I am 5’8" so I sould be around 140. I think that is part of the reason my my self esteem has deteriorated also.

The kids have been out of school because of the snow - I thought he would spend time with them but he hasnt. So they have been at home alone - luckily my son and daughter are older so they can take care of my little guy. I have one friend who has basically stopped talking to me because she can not understand why I still love him. I thought we were good friends but I guess I was wrong. Believe me I get tired of hearing me whine but I always listen to her problems so it kind of bothers me.

oh well pray for me today - I hope I can get an antidote for a bad relationship.

While I know your weight is bothering you, right now you need to concentrate on getting your moods stabilized. As for your friend, unfortunately, many of my friends never understood what I was going through with my depression and those friendships have gone by the wayside. If she were truly your friend, she would be by your side no matter what. And don’t worry about what you call whining; that is what we are here for. This is your place to vent, talk, look for advice or just someone who cares. Hang in there.

I think it is great that you are going to a councelor!! and if anyone can relate with you about the whole weight issue…that would be me. I am repulsed every time i look in the mirror…and by the way you look great in your pic!!

hang in there. If you ever need to chat i’m here for you!

So I spent 4 hours getting ready for the counselor - I even wrote down what I was going to say. Jamie went with me and I spent most of the time crying. So here is what I was supposed to say:

This past July Jamie and I had a nice night together. We at dinner, put the kids to bed and made love. Then he said he had to go out for a minute but he would be right back within an hour. It was about 10:30 pm. He would do this often and it would always turn out bad. That night he didn’t come home at all and the next day after waiting up all night, calling his cell phone over & over again, calling the hospitals, checking if he was arrested, and driving around looking for him I found him on 6th & Schulkill in an alley/dirt parking lot. He had never stayed gone this long – the latest he had stayed away was 7:30 am. This time it was 4:30 pm.

He tried pulling away from me but then he drove home as I followed behind him. When we got to the house he would not get out of the car – he looked sick and his eyes were all withdrawn. He would not open the car door. He would not speak to me. I started getting upset and yelling at him to open the door. He didn’t and he drove away. I tried to catch up to him but he drove faster and lost me. Four hours later I found him around the corner from the same parking lot. This time our son saw him and said, “There’s dad!” – I pulled around the corner and saw his truck. As I pulled up next to the truck – Jamie jumped into his truck and tried to pull out in front of me. Our son jumped out of the car and ran to his truck. Jamie stopped the car and our son started asking him why he hadn’t been home. Jamie then drove home.

I asked Jamie to move out of the house – I remember telling him to leave and how angry I was that he wouldn’t stop doing drugs and how he kept lying to me. He moved out after a few days and moved in with Ashley Williams. He lied to me for a month about where he was staying and who he was staying with. He kept saying it was one of his male friends. I hate Ashley – I wish she would drop off the face of the earth – she makes me sick. I had problems with her 1-2 years prior and Jamie knew how I felt about her but he moved in with her anyway. Jamie says he had no where else to go – he could have went anywhere but there.

During this time apart I have asked Jamie to do a few things to show me and the kids that we were his priority:

1. NO MORE Drugs
  2. Get counseling/go to rehab
  3. Get a 40 hour a week job.
  4. Move out of Ashley’s and into his own place.
  5. Go to church with us

He has done this to me before – moved in with other women (Bobbie, Jodi). I don’t know why he would do that to me. It tears me apart inside. When I asked him to leave the house I thought he would realize what he lost and man up. I feel like he took the time to start a new life with Ashley and the two other girls that are chasing after him. There are so many things that he has done to me over the years. I am not saying that I was the perfect spouse, partner, wife or person in this relationship. I am only saying that the pain I have felt over the years never seemed to go away or even subside. It’s a good thing that my memory will not allow me to relive all of the things that he has done to me. I couldn’t even begin to tell you the number of times he cheated on me or disrespected me. I don’t even know if he ever really loved me.

All of the women in his life used to tell me the same thing; that he was only with me because of the money. Its not that I am a rich person – I just have always worked hard and I always took care of him and helped him. Maybe its not a coincidence that when the money ran out he did to. I had already made him leave because of not helping the house financially and because of the drugs. But when he found out that I was going to lose my house, he didn’t even offer a nickel to help.

If Jamie even thinks that I am dating or seeing someone else he flips out and tells me that I am tainted. He tries to make me feel like I am a whore. I feel like he doesn’t want me but doesn’t want me to be with anyone else either. I have told him that I have been dating and going out with people but it was a bunch of lies to make him jealous. I just wanted him to realize he could lose me and make the changes in his life to come back home.

All I have wanted for the past 10 years is to be with him for the rest of my life. I thought we would be together forever. I thought he would eventually become the man he was supposed to be. I think he is depressed and that the drugs affected his better judgement. I think he resents me for being more successful than he is, that is why he messes around with such losers.

While we have been apart Jamie has told me almost everyday that he loves me and our family and that he wants to come home and be a family. He tells me that Ashley is just a friend and that they have never slept together/had sex/made love/screwed/kissed/hugged/held hands – nothing. I finally said that he could move back in and he didn’t. He told me that he is on probation and that he has to get approval. I talked to his probation officer (PO) and his PO said he could move back in at anytime – all he has to do is let him know that he is moving before he moves. Jamie had a session with his PO on Monday Feb 12, 2007 and did not tell him he is moving.

Jamie says he stopped doing drugs and that he had 5 sessions with a drug/alcohol counselor. If he has really stopped doing drugs then I am so proud of him. He has to take court ordered urine tests. However, he still hangs out with people who do and deal drugs – I do not approve of these people because they do not support our relationship or our family.

Jamie now has a night job. I am proud of him for getting this job.

Jamie has asked me to marry him too many times to count. In the past eight months he has asked me even more often. I have always been afraid to get married again. I decided to say yes to show him that I was completely committed to making things work with him. The last time he asked me was on Feb 7th and I finally said yes and he wouldn’t even go to get a marriage license with me. I think he was afraid Ashley would find out. I think he cares about her. I should not have to compete with her.

I feel like Jamie is disrespectful to me. He disrespects me in front of Ashley. Ashley is disrespectful to me and two-faced in front of our kids. She is only 21 years old. Jamie is 36. She is immature and a coward, she has tried to fight me, given me the finger, cussed at me when I have called the house and asked for Jamie, damaged my vehicle, and impersonated me. She has always known about me and the kids and has never shown one ounce of morality. I have spent almost 10 years of my life with him and I deserve better than this.

Jamie has until February 28th to move back into the house. He must stay off drugs, cancel his cell phone, and stop all contact with these women. He must contribute to the household. He will be responsible for the utility bills at the house. We will continue to go to counseling and go to church as a family. If he doesn’t do all of these things before February 28, 2007 at 11:59 pm then that will be the last minute that Jamie will be a part of my life.

My love for him will cease to exist at that very moment. I have spent the last 8 months crying over him, fighting with him, hating myself for loving him, and begging him to do the right thing. I have had to swallow my pride while being disrespected by women who aren’t even on the same level as me. I can’t do this anymore – this whole situation is tearing me and my kids apart. As March 1st begins so will my new life without him. My prior life will with him will become a distant memory. Sure we will have to talk about the kids and see each other for them but the wondering if he will be coming home will stop. I love him with all my heart. I hope he makes the right decision.

I only got to talk about 10% of this. At the end of the session Nate said that I have to stop internalizing what Jamie and Ashley are doing. That I have to focus on me and the kids and know that if Jamie really wanted to be in my life he would. He told Jamie that he has to be honest with me and that I deserve for him to tell me the truth about his intentions towards our family.

I have another session next Thursday - Nate said that no matter what I need to keep the session even if Jamie doesnt come. I will definitely be there because Nate will be able to help me get back on the right track.

Good for you psudive your doing a great job, keep it up. I am proud of you that your now focusing on the positive you go girl.

SUE. I KNEW YOU WEREN’T TALKING ABOUT ME. FOR VALENTINES DAY SHE SENT HIM SOME CHOCOLATES AND A CARD THAT SAID ‘‘I’L ALWAYS LOVE YOU’’. AND THE CHICK HAS A NEW BOYFRIEND TOO! GIVE ME A BREAK!

We meet with Nate at 3 today - Not sure if Jamie will show up. He has blown me off many times in the past week. He called off 2 days last week and called off work again last night. I think he is going to end up getting fired. Which sucks because he has a job he likes and it is a good job. When i talk to him its like he is out of it. I think he might be using again. This is one of the things I will bring up today in counseling. Once again I have to get my thoughts together for today. I think I have done good this week. I tried to show Jamie that I would really try to make things work but he did not show me any signs of improvement really. I dont hold back in counseling because it is a time where I can be completely honest and open and not hold back. I’ll let you know how everything goes.

Ok - so big surprise here - about an hour before the session Jamie calls and says he will be late because he has to go to work and talk to his supervisor about him calling off so much in the past 2 weeks. I tell him that he knew about the appointment a week ago and if he doesnt show then dont call me afterwards. Then he tells me that he doesnt appreciate me leaving Ashley a message about going to marriage counseling (which i did not do). We start argueing about it and he hangs up on me.

1. Why does he care what Ashley thinks or that she knows we are going to counseling? She is only his “FRIEND”.

2. The only way she would have found out was by listening to his messages on his cell phone.

So anyway I go to see Nate and Jamie doesnt show so Nate and I start discussing the week and this is what he says to me:

Jamie is not showing any signs of being serious about working things out (true).

Jamie will turn on the charm once I put my foot down and start working on making me happier. (true)

In my ideal world Jamie would become the man he is supposed to be and be a good man and not cheat and not do drugs and love me but I have no control over how he behaves. That I am really trying to control the situation but I can not. (True)

I really want to push Jamie out of my life because I know he is not good for me and is only using me but do not know how to break the cycle of dependence/love/pride/control/kids/familyperception. (True)

So from now on Nate wants to just see me without Jamie because Jamie is not ready to make the necessary changes in his life to make our marriage/relationship work. My homework is to write down everything that is holding me back from completely breaking it off with Jamie and Nate and I will work on these things together. He knows that I want to be in a happy healthy relationship or not be in one at all.

We had a really good session.

So then I get out of counseling and Jamie had called me twice. I did not call him back and he called me at home and he was like - Are you really that mad? - DUH!

Then last night at 2 am he calls me and says to me - Can I come over and be with you (sex) and I told him NO! That I do not want to be with him because it is not good for me and that I need to focus on making me a better person and not focus on him and his escapades because it is not good for me. So he was pissed. But here is the kicker - Nate was right - Jamie is trying to put on the charm and smooth everthing over with me because he wants to control my happiness and make sure I am focused on him. TRUE TRUE TRUE.

So now I just have to get through the weekend. I can do it - I just have to try hard and stay focused.

Excellent Job!!! See you can do it!!! Stick to your guns…you are definately doing the right thing…if you need anything…I’m here for you.

I am so proud of you !!! YOU GO GIRL !

all right diva girl I had said to go with out him. I know you can do this maybe he will get the message that you want to be hapy and it can be not just about him. i am so proud of you!!!:0) :0) . i went throught the thing of my husband taking drugs but not with other girls. it was hard it took a while but worked it out i did for me then for us then made him do for himself of getting off of drugs like i said it took awhile but it worked. so i am so here for you any time you want to talk i will listen.

YOU go get it girl ! Have u heard that girls kick butt !
Good luck
peace - rizzo

psudiva whats going on how was your weekend haven’t heard from you hope all is well with you.

I have tried to be nice concerning the truck because I knew he needed a way to work and back - plus we were supposedly trying to work things out - he made me feel really awful for trying to take it…but I also found out that she has also been driving around in it. It makes me sick that he has me all upset and still looking out for him despite how he treats me. Nate says he has been using me all these years and since I put my foot down about the drugs and girls he will stay with Ashley. When i swore on my son that jamie and I were still sleeping together - Ashley said - Well he can do whatever he wants to do. She didnt even care??? I know I am all over the place right now - it is just because I am so stressed and unhappy.

SWEETIE, I AGREE WITH NATE ON THIS. I REALLY DONT WANT TO SOUND MEAN HERE OK? HE IS USING YOU BADLY. ALTHOUGH HE IS THE BIOLOGICAL FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN…YOU NEED TO DUMP HIS ASS, 100%. YOU AND YOUR SON WILL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM. THE BOTH OF YOU DESERVE SOMEONE WHO TAKES YOU INTO ACCOUNT. YOUR SON NEEDS A MAN TO SHOW HIM HOW DECENT MEN ARE. YOU DON’T WANT HIM TO GROW UP THINKING THIS IS HOW MEN ARE SUPPOSED TO TREAT THIER WOMEN. TAKE YOUR TRUCK BACK…IT’S HIS PROMBLEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW HE GETS TO WORK. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CUT HIM OFF COMPLETELY. STAND UP AND ROAR!!! DON’T LET HIM TAKE ADVANTAGE ANYMORE. I KNOW THIS WONT BE EASY BUT IN THE LONG RUN, YOU WILL BE SO PROUD OF YOURSELF AND REALIZE YOU ARE STRONG. YOUR SON WILL RESPECT YOU MORE THAN HE WILL MISS HAVE A GIANT P.O.S. FOR A FATHER.
YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL SO FAR. WE’RE ALL PROUD OF YOU. YOU CAN DO THIS KNOWING THAT YOU HAVE THE LOVE AND SUPPORT OF EVERYONE HERE. YOU GO GIRL!

You really need to get rid of him and show he that you don’t care about him anymore even if you still do. He is using you and don’t even care and to treat you like garbage in front of Ashley was so disrespectful even if he doen’t want to be with you YOU are the mother of his children and there deserves full respect. I hope you are getting child support from him that is the least he could do. You put a damper on his pocket and well see what kind of ring he could afford and you should take the truck away you paid for it and you can proove that why help him out when he treats you like shit sorry to say that but that is how it looks you do what you got to do and you stay stonger than him.

I did file for support - In the past 8 months the only thing he bought the kids was junkfood. Our hearing is on March 5th - Everyone says he will start treating me nicer as we get closer to the hearing. I know they are right - he will just be buttering me up so he can snow me. You are right Bridget - I should be treated better than how he treats me. He completely disrespected me in front of Ashley and I did not deserve it. I just need to get over him. That is why I am going to the counselor because I really need help to break this cycle.

Send the nice old lady and card and some flowers and leave it at that. It’s always sad when good people die but you have to disconnect yourself from him…How many kids does this guy have? Does he pay child support for any of them? Is he decent to any of the other moms? Take a hint from that. This guy is bad news…He will only drag you further and further down. Quit talking to him…all together. Pretend he’s dead and get over it. I’m really not trying to be cruel…really, but this is never going to end unless you end it. He will call you more and more as you get stronger but you have got to let go and just drop this asshole.

I love you sue - you are so great.

He has 4 kids - all boys. Austin is 13 (Mom # 1), Andre is 13 (mom #2), Javon is 11 (mom # 2), and Jamie is 7 (Me). Andre and Austin are only 2 months apart in age. Andre and Javon live with their mom (she is ok but she smokes weed) and he pays support for them, he has custody of Austin.

I made Jamie file for custody when Austin came to live with us 7 years ago. His mom is a recovering cocaine addict. She also sent her oldest son to live with his father (Calvin) and she now has a son Skylar - who is 5. She sent Austin to live with us when she got pregnant with Skylar. She sent her oldest son to live with his dad when she got pregnant with Austin. She is probably one of the worst people I ever met. I raised Austin as my son for all of these years. I love him - he is a good boy and deserves so much better.

Diva the next obvious question is , When is Ashley going to have one ? , Sue is so right , you are so right for being strong and staying away from him, keep the faith GF !