Ovarian Cancer Clinical Trial

I could not find any contact information for a moderator of this group. I don’t usually post this information myself, so if someone is in charge and reading, please email me so I can coordinate with you in the future. My address is below.

I’m writing to inform ovarian cancer patients about the Phase III clinical trial called “OVATURE,” which stands for OVArian TUmor REsponse. I work on behalf of the sponsor of the trial, the biotech company Marshall Edwards, Inc.

Our new website, www.OVATUREtrial.com, is designed to help ovarian cancer patients seeking information about the OVATURE trial. The website includes a page dedicated to answering patients’ questions, and a page to locate trial sites.

The trial seeks to recruit 235 women in the US and a total of 470 women globally. All patients on the trial will receive carboplatin weekly, in doses lower than that given when carboplatin is administered in the more typical once every three or four week dosing regimen. A change from receiving carboplatin (or cisplatin) every two to three weeks to a weekly carboplatin regimen has been reported to provide a tumor response in some patients with recurrent ovarian cancer.* In addition to learning more about the efficacy of phenoxodiol, researchers will learn more about the efficacy of weekly carboplatin.

If you have additional questions, you are welcome to email them to me at and I will do the best I can to get the questions answered in a timely manner. Thank you.

• Piura B and Meirovitz M. Weekly single-agent carboplatin in heavily pretreated patients with recurrent ovarian, peritoneal and fallopian tube carcinoma. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2005;26(4):386-90.