Overheating

For the past year or so, my body has been constantly feeling “warm”. I suspect there is not a fever but rather just sensations of warmth. For example, I wear shorts and a t shirt when it is 50 degrees and feel fine. I’m chronically warm when inside and the other people around me are shivering… I’ve not started meds yet but have AIH. Has anyone else experienced these feelings of warmth or am I imagining things???
Thanks

Are you taking Prednisone? I’ve heard many people with AIH who are taking
Prednisone say they often felt unusually hot.

Of course, this isn’t exactly a scientific analysis!

I had almost always been too cold. Now, I usually feel too warm. I’ve
attributed that to the factt that I was underweight before Prednisone and now am
overweight. But – who knows?

cornlily

It’s Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
(http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)

I’m so sorry – I somehow overlooked your statement that you hadn’t begun
meds. I saw it the instant I hit “send.”

So – I really don’t know. The people who were taking Prednisone all have
AIH. What might be a causal factor, AIH or Prednisone, is unknown to me!

Cornlily

Finance.

Prednisone can do some freaking things to your body - go here to find out some of the side effects and more info on it:

You can get hot flashes with it - you can also be cold. It’s one of those drugs where almost any odd feeling you have can be caused by it!
When I was on it - i had the same thing - drink lots and lots of water and it will help. Sleep in cool room - you may also have night sweats from it.

The reason that many AIH patients are on prednisone is that it is a great drug for stopping the progression of the disease in it’s tracks - most diseases too. It speeds the bodies metabolism in order to help the healing - it’s a simple explanation for a complicated thing.

You don’t have to stay on the prednisone tho - it can be used just for flares. Many AIH patients are on Imuran (azathioprine - an anti rejection drug) alone or combined with prednisone. Imuran itself has side effects, but they may not be as severe as prednisone.

When taking prednisone - be sure to talk to your doc about calcium supplements and have a bone density check yearly - pred can cause loss of bone - and it can be very severe. One of it’s lovely side effects.

Hope this helps…

linda

For the past year or so, my body has been constantly feeling “warm”. I suspect there is not a fever but rather just sensations of warmth. For example, I wear shorts and a t shirt when it is 50 degrees and feel fine. I’m chronically warm when inside and the other people around me are shivering… I’ve not started meds yet but have AIH. Has anyone else experienced these feelings of warmth or am I
imagining things???
Thanks

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

Also, consider one of the several medications intended to help with bone
loss. Fosamax and Didronel, are two that come to mind.
Harper

In a message dated 4/12/08 7:38:36 AM,
hepatitis-autoimmune-cpt8526@lists.careplace.com writes:

When taking prednisone - be sure to talk to your doc about calcium
supplements and have a bone density check yearly - pred can cause loss of bone - and
it can be very severe. One of it’s lovely side effects.

Finance.

Gee, I thought it was me getting hot flashes! Maybe it’s the
prednisone.

Lynn Jarnecki

Sales Support Administrator

Tallant Industries, Inc.

4900 Ondura Drive

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

540-898-7000, ext. 171

Fax: 540-898-4991

email: lmjarnecki@tallantinc.com

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:hepatitis-autoimmune-cpt8526@lists.careplace.com]