Pain/fatigue

Hi everyone…I just started a job. This job is not demanding, I work at Wal-Mart Vision Center, I neither stand, nor sit for long periods of time, and I am working part-time because I do not want to push it with my fatigue. I am so frustrated!!! I want so much to have a normal life, but after working 6 days, (which would come to 30 hours) I feel like I have been hit by a truck!!! My legs ache, my shoulders hurt, my arms are sore (like I have been lifting weights) I wake up with joint pain in my hips, oh and I don’t want to forget the “mind fog” Ugh… Now the last time I got my blood work (about a month ago) it showed that I had Epstein-Barr virus in the “past” it did not show reactivation of it. I was originally diagnosed with Epstein-Barr/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in my 20’s. What I don’t understand (and I just hope someone here can shead some light on) is if the Epstein-Barr virus is not showing in my blood work as reactivated, why have I been feeling like crap for the past 3 months? Could someone PLEASE tell me…would it be better to get a different doctor? I am totally frustrated with the one I have now, when I went to see him, he acts as if he does not know what to do with my fatigue or pain. He told me to take motrin (which I do everyday). I know that my sister has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, how do I know if I have that? I don’t think there is even a test for it!!! I’m sorry for such a long post but I just feel so alone… Can ANYONE please give me some advise on what to do???

Just my opinion, but I would go see a rheumotologist. My rheumy is the one who diagnosed my EB, CFS, and my fibromyalgia along with another disease (ankylosing spondylitus).

You are correct, there is no difinative test for FM (fibromyalgia) however, the doctors can test certain “tender points” can clue a doctor in. They press on certain areas of your body. If you respond with pain to at least 11 of the points there is a good chance you have fibromyalgia.

From a FM site: “Although tender points are found in many different locations, the ACR[American College of Rheumatology] has selected 18 sites that are more characteristic for fibromyalgia (Figure 1). To be classified with a definitive diagnosis of fibromyalgia, the patient must have tenderness on palpation at 11 of the 18 sites”