Pancreatic auto islet transplant

Hi everyone,

This is Joe just wanted to up date you all. I’m almost five weeks post op and I’m doing great.

Dr Sutherland and his team gave me back my life. I have no pain any more and i can eat my blood sugars are doing great and the islet cells are working I have not had any pain meds for three weeks now. I feel like a whole new person. This has gave me a hole new out look on life. My wife and I are so excited.

When even went on a date this past Sat. installed of going to the hospital like i always had to do before. I hope you all are having pain free days thanks for all your prays with my surgery they were answered. Have a great day.

Joe

I am so happy to hear such good news! Bravo! Keep up the positive attitude, great progress and pain free days and nights!

God Bless You!

I am happy to have a pain free day today :slight_smile:

Jckie- harslp

Joe,

Yeahhhh!!!

Vonnie

im soo glad to hear you are doing good. I had auto islet transplant 2006 in dec. from Dr. Sutherland he is amazing doctor and each week just gets better and better but im glad to hear you are doing good.

Where is Dr. Sutherland based?

Can you please explain more about this? When does this become an option? What is the procedure? Is the pancrease removed? I’ve just been diagnosed with hereditary pancreatitis and I’ve been told that my biggest threat is pancreatic cancer due to my pancrease being completely calcified. I just want to learn everything I possibly can so I understand what my future holds. I’m glad to hear that you are doing well. You are in my prayers. Thank you

That is really great newa Joe. My husband had his pancreas removed a year ago this week. He is doing so amazing it scares me. He does his blood sugar test four times aday. Takes his insulin, what ever he needs, and two enzymes with each meal. And if he snacks he takes one. He can eat anything he wants. If he has icecream or such he does insulin of what he needs. By now he knows pretty much how many units he needs. I still have not found anyone who has had the pancreas totaly removed.

How thrilling! Please tell me what hospital you are in and where your doctor is. Bravo, Joe! You and your family are in my prayers. keep up the wonderful feeling of renewed health.
My best to you,
Jackie

Please tell me what is “auto islet” and where is Dr. Sutherland based?

Can you share his contact information?

Thank you and great news! I hope this procedure keeps you healthy and pain free.

Michele