Pancreatitis 22 year old looking for support

I am 22 years old and I have been sick for 11 years.It has been very, very hard on me and my family.

I can’t even count how many times I have been in the hospital.I have had surgery to drain a P.C. off my pancrease.I used to weight 200lbs then my pancreas slowed down and I lost 30lbs in three months. I have lost more, now I weight 125lbs because of being sick.

Some doctors think I am faking it until they see how high my levels are. I stay in pain all the time. I can’t do a lot of things I want to. I have to keep my meds on me at all times in case I get sick.Everything in my life is messed up because of being sick.

But, the way I look at is God has a reason for me to be sick and I will see it one day, it may be next week or in ten years, but I will see why.I would like to talk to people with this sickness because I need help understanding my life with pancreatitis…Rina

I too face this illness. I know how hard it can be.

I do know the Lord and feel He has given me peace in the midst of this storm.  I pray that one day they will have a cure or know what to do to help us.

Keep strong.

Hi All,

I have a problem any one , has anyone had a MRI that has a special procedure on seeing the ducts of the pancreas ? If one duct is working more than the other? I have pancreatic Divizum. Plus if it was to show that the minor duct was being used instead of the major one . Has anyone been operated on just the ducts of the pancreas ? Need to know what I seem to have read from a lot of you you have had surgery of one kind or another of the pancreas and end up still having major problems. I need to know what I am going to to be up against if I decide that that is the route to go.

Any help would be helpful, thank you all.

Kathie

Hopefully they can correct the problem with an ERCP. I have had ducts cut and stincts placed with this procedure. Hopefully this will help you.