Post-Polio worsened by other illness

Hello, I’m new to this forum. I had polio in 1959 at the age of 3. My right leg and foot were affected. I had been experiencing a gradual worsening of weakness in that leg resulting in a new brace 7 years ago. It kept my foot from dragging, and me from falling so much, which improved my mobility. I developed Wegener’s Granulomatosis 2 1/2 years ago, and since then my leg feels like it died. I have very little active muscle left in that foot, and I’ve had to use a walker to get around. My leg didn’t recover nearly as well as the rest of me did. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

hiya,

ii have read that illness, surgery, emotional stress or an injury can trigger pps to get worse.

i had a bad fall, after which my mild pps went berserck.

so a serious illness like wegerner’s? i woulld think so. it is so hard to find doctors or books that confirm this. i do know that wegener’s is very serioius and your story is hairraising. that plus pps? terrible. i am so sorry. you have a great attitude, though and you are also a terrific writer. whwen you retire, write some novels and make a load of money…then split it with me!

hth,

dancer