Pristiq

Is anyone taking pristiq yet ? I know it is a newer version of effexor . My Pdoc just put me on it today . I would love to hear of anyones experiences with this drug . If you don’t want to post on here you can PM me . THanks so much !
Christine

I dont know a thing about it, but

good luck Christine!

TOOK effexor awhile back but it didn’t work for me.

Take a look here:

http://www.pristiq.com/

I like that it works on seratonin and norepinephrine both. There’s no research related to long term effectiveness though.

I think it’s worth a try.

According to my doc I am being putting on Welbutrin FIRST and if that does not work Prestig is next. According to my doc both prestig and wellbutrin and known for working well with low dosages of Abilify.

Thanks so much everybody !

Christine…I have never heard of it before.  I am taking Lexapro, but I believe it stopped being effective for me a long time ago, so I would be interested to see if this works for you.  Please let me know what you think of it after you have been on it for a bit!

I will Bon , took my 1st one today .

I TAKE 50 MG ONCE DAILY. HAVE BEEN ON IT 5 MONTHS (?) IT IS A GOOD DRUG. HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL FOR ME. NOT PERFECT, BUT THE BEST YET IN A WHILE. I JUST THINK I STILL NEED A MOOD STABILIZER AS WELL-THE NEW SCHOOL OF THOUGHT RE:DEPRESSION. I HAVEN’T HAD GOOD LUCK THERE, MORE SO INTOLERANCE, BUT I SEE POSSIBILITIES, DEFINITELY.

FOR ME, HAS HAD SOME UNDESIRABLE SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS (LOSS OF LIBIDO AND SOME DIFFICULTY “ACHIEVING”, BUT IN THE GRAND SCHEME IF THINGS, THE BIG PICTURE? NOT AS IMPORTANT AS SANITY AND MY NOT WANTING TO “BE HERE”, IF YOU FOLLOW ME!AND ACTUALLY, I TAKE SO MANY, NOW WITH CHEMO, PERHAPS I’M WRONG TO BLAME IT ON THE PRISTIQ.

I TINK YOU WILL BE VERY GLAD YOU STARTED IT!

Been on Pristiq for three weeks now and like it very much . No side effects that I can name except for a loss of appetite the first week. Bon I would suggest you ask yourPdoc about it if your Lexapro isn’t working . Thanks everyone for your feedback .