Pseudohypoparathyroidism Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Pseudohypoparathyroidism. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I am a single parent of three wonderful angels. I have a daughter, seen in my photograph, and two unique and wonderful boys. My two sons were both born with an extremely rare genetic disorder known as “X-Linked Alpha Thalassemia Mental Retardation Syndrome” Both boys are have sever developmental delays. Both are non-verbal and communicate with limited signs. They love to laugh and are easily entertained by the small things in life.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

My 15-yr-old dd has Pseudohypoparathyroidism type 1B, along with an ever-increasing amount of other challenges.
She also has Selective Mutism.

Hi,
My name is Sheryl, I live in New Zealand and my son, Michael who is 20 has Pseudohypoparathyroidism. He has had since he was 12months old.

cheers for now
Sheryl

Hi! My name is Andrea, I’m 33 years old and live in Charlotte, North Carolina USA. I was born with pseudohypoparathyroidism, and was diagnosed with it in the early 1980’s. I am interested to meet new people with the disorder, and I also would like to learn more about it. I do know some about it, but not very much. If anyone has questions for me, please feel free to ask.

I was diagnosed with Pseudohypoparathyroidism when I was 15.

my oldest daughter is diagnosed with this. She is 13. How do you make your kids take the meds if they won’t take it?

I am interested because I have got the illness, I was first diagnosed in 1987, I am now 33 years old.
Its good to find out any body with the same condition and find out how they have coped with the illness.

Hello. My name is Heather and I have an 11 yr old son with this condition. We found out he had this when he was seven yrs old, after yrs of stress, because we knew something was wrong, but the doctors didn’t listen. I learned real quick that we have to speak up for our children, beacuse they can’t speak for themselves (most of the time). We finally switched drs & the rest is history. He goes to a WONDERFUL doctor in Atlanta. He has all his levels in good standing and he’s a happy healthy boy.

I have it and I would like to learn more about it.
I’d like to make new friends on here too.

I have this condition and have never met another person with it, so this community is very interesting.

My name is Shawn, I was dianosed with pseudohypoparathyroidism when I was 12.
I am interested in learning more about it and meeting new friends.

My husband had this condition, he found out he had this when he was a bit older as in his mid 20’s by a doctor doing some unrelated blood work. He was sent to an endocrinologist and wasn’t quite told what this condition entailed. During this time period I was pregant and gave birth. We made sure a few years after that he was tested for it and it appears he’s following in his fathers footsteps with it

Hi everyone, My name is Denise and I have Albrights type 1a. My two youngest daughters have this form also. I was diagnosed when I was 12 yo back before there was genetic testing. I was restested again 3 years ago when my middle daughter was tested. I am a classic case of type 1a and I have all the charateristics. My middle daughter Dakota is this way also though if you look at my youngest who is 4 you can hardly tell she has it at all if it wasn’t for the genetic tests. I am the Co- founder of Albrights Syndrome Forum on Yahoo Groups also I am looking to recieve and give info on this confusing disease.

My name is Randi and I have Pseudohypoparathyroidism

My son Jerry has this condition and I want to learn more about the effects it has on him phisically and emotionally

Hi, my name is Linda and I have a 13 year old son with php type 1a.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.