Questions About Imitrix Scripts being Filled

I take daily meds to prevent headaches and have taken Imitrix since I signed “Informed Consent” papers before it was an approved drug. They were only shots then.
Recently i have had the insurance company reduce the number of pills I can get. I’ve always gotten 18 per refill of 100mg Imitrix tablets. And I get the shots still for back-up and emergencies. Then they reduced it to 9 and now 4 pills per refill (co-pay). The pharmacist says that the Imitrix patent is running out and the drug company is trying to get patients switched over to newer patented drugs (monetary reasons). I have tried and tried the newer drugs and have not gotten the results I get with imitrix. My neurologist is frustrated almost as much as I. The insurance company is now saying the Doctor must write an APPEAL so I can still get at least 9 Imitrix per refill,.
Is anyone else having this problem?

I take Maxalt, but I have the same basic problem. My doctor use to give me a script for 20 pills. Insurence now only lets them dispence 9 pills. Typically I use 3 pills per migraine, so basically the insurence company is telling me I can’t get more than 3 migraines a month or I’m out of luck! If I get rebound migraines I can have a migraine for 3 days! Who are they kidding!

go to upcspine.com
it will help.

On 6/18/07, josteama migraines-cpt4230@lists.careplace.com wrote: