Questions,support,friendships

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone here with epstein barr virus has found anything that works that make you feel better? Whether it be vitamins, minerals, food, medicine, herbs? Also what are your symptoms that you are having?  What have your doctors suggested? Do you know other people in your area who have come down with this virus? What things do you notice that make you feel worse? Maybe we can all benefit my each others knowledge.

I am a 53 year old woman and started feeling sick in September 2006, although took me til December before I found out was this rotten virus. Have not had the best of luck with doctors in the area I live in as they feel it is not a big deal, needless to say we all know thats not true! I am very happy for places to come to as this site for friendships and support.  Hope to hear from all that are here and all that come in new, I am sure we can help each other in information we have, in support we can give to each other and in friendship.

Jan

Hi Jan,

I’m not sure what type of doctors you are seeing but I’ve found more support
understanding and help from a DO doctor rather than an MD doctor.
My DO put me on a regiment of prenatal plus vitamins that are available
from Walmart for only $4.00 a month. There are also several anti-depressants
that can help. They help with feelings of more energy and less pain.
I’ve also taken an anti-inflammatory med this winter to help during the
wet and cold season. I also tried my best not to be out in public places
such as the grocery and stores over the weekend when most people do their
shopping. By doing these chores at other times you avoid people out
who are sick and spreading illnesses.

These are just a few of the important things I’ve done this past winter
along with making sure to allow for extra time each day to rest. I also
tried to give blood and found that our bodies are physically affected with
dealing with the ebv pain and there are real ways to detect these things.
I now plan to not give blood during the winter months.

I wish you well and hope that something mentioned can be of some
benefit to you.

Have a Great Day!

Pam

bisja ebv-cpt2745@lists.careplace.com wrote:

We do not have a big choice of doctors where I live a very small town, although next week I am going to a chiropractor who has had mono when he was young and every so often has relaspes but not bad ones. He also works with nutrition, vitamins, minerals, and herbs, so will see what he has to say. I am very allergic to most medications, so going that route is not the easiest for me so am hoping he will have some good info. Symptoms for me have been pain in neck, shoulders, back, slight sorethroat, had headaches those are gone now,  eyes itchy dry and watery, sinuses stuffed

had vertigo, pressure in ears. All is slowly getting better and it does seem slow! I was flat down for 3 months and now am getting up a little more each day. I am on 7 months of dealing with this virus seems forever but I do know of people who have dealt with this much longer.

Dear Jan,

I was first diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Virus/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in my 20’s. I am now 42 and still battling it. I’m not saying that it is a “DAILY” battle because for me, it is not. I have good & bad days. The pain is constant, and I have learned to live with it (unfortunately). The fatigue comes whenever. I haven’t quiet figured out what causes the fatigue, but when it hits it lasts for months, and then I feel normal again (if being in constant pain is normal). I have yet to find a doctor here in South Jersey that takes this seriously, so…I too am trying to ignore it. One new thing I am going to try and have heard and studied about is a supplement called Cellfood. I will let you know of any improvement. I read online that someone has the Epstein-Barr virus and tried the product…they began feeling more energy in like 2 days…so, I’m willing to try! Let me know how your doing, I wish you all the best, and hang in there!!!