Rashes

Hi all
I’m new so please excuse my ignorance.
Do most people with Lupus have facial rashes?
Wen

I have SLE dealing with the lessions has been an exciting challenge. I an on blood thinners so the sun and me do not get along at all. Bag Balm has worked really well for healing purpose’s but you can get cream from your doctor for the lessions also. Also keeping all parts covered from the sun is helpful. Wearing sun block with the highest sunscreen available helps if you wear it all the time.

When I first saw my rashes appearing, I thought it was just hives. It started out on my face and spread down my arms and chest.

Then other things seemed to bother me. I also had some sort of rash on my palms.

It wasn’t until my friends told me I MUST see a dermatologist , and she did a biopsy, did I know it was Systemic Lupus.

If it is just the rashes you have, you’re lucky.

Why don’t you go to a teaching hospital? They will take anyone with or without insurance.

The Rheu had me on Placquenel, but it didn’t agree with me and made my eyes hurt too much.

Thanks for the plaquenel information- why did it make your eyes hurt? Is it a lotion or an oral medication? Thank you or responding, I have never chatted before and I really felt like I needed to talk to others with the same thing.

Do these rashes come and go or are they a constant battle?

Hi, i get the rash on my face, neck, arms, hands an legs. I try to keep
track of how much i’m outside. Foe some reason my rash will get itchy at night time. I take Plaquenal and Lodine.

Hello, I am unavailable to read your message at this time.

In a message dated 5/31/2007 10:19:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lupus-cpt959@lists.careplace.com writes:

Hi, i get the rash on my face, neck, arms, hands and legs. I try to keep
track of how much i’m outside. Foe some reason my rash will get itchy at
night time. I take Plaquenil and Lodine.

----------Stephanie…I do the exact same thing…and I am on
Plaquenil.

My Lupus seems to break in and out…LOL…off and on all day and
night…!!!

I am 62, past menopause and run a fever at night with some night sweats…
and am itching right now as we speak…Miserable is the main word for
it…
My face is blotchy red and itches…

Stress, stress and more stress is my main culprit…

Peace to ALL…Dawn

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.