re:DISH(diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis)

Nothing is mention about DISH…

Nothing is mention on this medical problem: DISH (diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis) has also been called Forestier’s disease. It is considered a form of degenerative arthritis. However, DISH is characterized by unique, flowing calcification along the sides of the vertebrae of the spine. And, very unlike typical degenerative arthritis, it’s also commonly associated with inflammation (tendinitis) and calcification of tendons at their attachments points to bone. This can lead to the formation of bone spurs, such as heel spurs. In fact, heel spurs are common among individuals with DISH.

I would be interested in having a group established for exchange of information.

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I would love to find out more on this DISH subject! I have alot of inflamation/degenerative disk disease, and wonder about this, I have had this lump on the right side of my rib cage for about 3 years now, and all the doctors say is maybe you have a hernia??? I am so sick of being bloated and tierd and in pain…I will look this up on MDweb and see what I can learn about this. I am having a EUS done next week, but low and behold the doctor didn’t say what he was going to do while he was in there??? I am calling him tomorrow and find out what his is doing and what he is looking for…Or I have heard a lot about stents put in, maybe that is his thinking??? Ok Welcome to Careplace, well this is the first time I have seen your screen name-LOL I am sending you lots of hugs and hoping you have a pain free day…Mrs Barb AKA/Barb :slight_smile:

Date: 2008/03/25 Tue AM 11:42:27 CDT
To: msboosting@windstream.net
Subject: [chronicpain] re:DISH(diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis)