Repressed memories

I have no memories of my childhood, which i think is wierd does anyone else have this that have alot of anxiety and panic

i know that is kinda the rule of thumb, there is no signs that any abuse went on unless it was verbal and i dont think that would do it

I too believe that our body protects us by not letting us remember what we can’t handle. I amgoing through councelling at this moment…“everyone of the 7 children in my home were sexually abused but me” No one believes this as my sister was abuse right in the same bed we always shared ( being the only girls) and hates me for not helping ( I was 2 yrs younger) or remembering and is even mad that they didn’t terrorize me as they did her. Deep down I know I must have been but I don’t want or need to know. My memories of all the other vebal and emotional abuse was quite enough and all I can handle. Because of the scares I have an inability to love myself or like myself and I feel like a lowest of the low and even punished by all thr=ese health problems. But also because of my past I am a strong advocate for any child who needs me. I might not like a decision they have made but by golly I let them know I still like them. They are a worth while person. These children (special needs and kids in crisis) are my passion and my inspiration

~ christa48 ~ This could be a good thing, or a bad thing! As for me … I (a lot of the time) wished I could turn off the childhood memories. Most of mine were bad ones. My therapist told me if I’m dwelling on a certain thing over and over, just write it down and get it out. That doesn’t seem to do it for me! I still obcess! So my pdoc changed my meds again – more depression medication. Oh boy! ~

Some things are better left unmemorable! :slight_smile: I think it would be more helpful for us to look to the future and how much better it can be. ~ hugs ~