Research artical on Emedicine on Adiposis Dolorosa

There is a good article on the Emedicine site written by a Dr Marjan Yousefi. He is a dermatologist. I’m pretty sure mine is dercum’s disease after reading this but still trying to find a nice doctor that would study up on it and diagnose me. I’m have real bad problems with one of my knees has anyone had a problem.

It hurts bad don’t know whether its all the knots are some other kind of problem that goes with the disease.

Joy

That is disappointing! I wish I could find someone in my area that at least has heard of DD! I saw one of the editors of the article is at A&M University which is a ways from southern Kansas, but certainly within a driving distance.

Thanks again for all your effort!

Kathie

I called and spoke with her. She wrote this article during her residency, I believe. She was absolutely not interested in discussing DD. I was very disappointed. I couldn’t believe that someone who researched DD wouldn’t like to discuss it.
Where are you located. I have been able to find some doctors for a couple of people. I would love to help.

Chris, I live in Caldwell, Ks, about 60 miles south of Wichita and 50 miles north of Enid, Ok. I’ve driven to Kansas City to doctors, Oklahoma City/Tulsa would even be closer. Dallas area ok too.

Yes, I am having terrible problems with my knees, especially my left one where there are tumors above, below, behind and directly on it. Ouch!

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

Dearest Kathieh,

I hope this information finds you well. I liked his experience. From the locations that he has worked and did his residency at are loctions that I am finding helpful. Good Luck!
Christopher A. Moeller, MD, FAAD

Fellow
Certified by the American Board of Dermatology

Specialties
Cosmetic Dermatology - Derm Surgery - Medical Dermatology - Mohs Micrographic Surgery

Doctor Contact Information
Moeller Dermatology
1911 N Webb Rd
Wichita KS, 67206-3405
United States
(316) 682-7546
Moeller Dermatology
Ste 1
7200 W 13th St N
Wichita KS, 67212-2968
United States
(316) 771-9900
Group Practice/Hospital Affiliations
Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS

Via Christi St. Francis, Wichita, KS

Via Christi St. Joseph, Wichita, KS

Via Christi Riverside, Wichita, KS

Office Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (may vary)

Website

Medical School and Year of Graduation
University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City

Residency Training
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 1987

Gunderson Medical Foundation and LaCrosse Lutheran Hospital, LaCrosse, WI, Transitional Residency Program, 1984

Specialized/Fellowship Training

Additional Practice Information
Dr. Christopher A. Moeller received his Undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa in August, 1980. He was a member of the Dean’s Honor Roll and graduated with the Highest Distinction. He received his medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine in May, 1983 and is a member of the AOA Medical Honor Society. The Doctor completed a transitional residency program in June 1984 at Gunderson Medical Foundation and LaCrosse Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin in June, 1987.

Dr. Moeller has been in private practice since 1987. He has been the Director of the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Wichita Area Skin Cancer Screening Clinic from 1989 to present. He was the president of the Sedgwick County Division of the American Cancer Society in 1997. He is a medical advisor and Executive Board Member for the Kansas chapter of the Lupus Foundation of America. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Medical Society of Sedgwick County. Dr. Moeller served as the president of the Kansas Dermatologic Society from 1996 to 1998. He is a member of the MSSC, the Kansas Medical Society, the American Medical Association, the Society for Investigative Dermatology, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, the American Society of Dermatology, and the Skin Cancer Foundation. He is a Fellow of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American Society for Mohs Surgery and the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Moeller is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology. The Doctor serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor for the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita. He is also an Adjunct Professor for the School of Health Sciences at Wichita State University.

Insurance Information (PPO,HMO,Medicare,Medicaid,etc.):
Accepts most major providers
I accept Medicare.

I accept Medicaid.

Kathieh,
I was wondering if you had the chance to contact that doctor that I sent you. He sounded fantastic. Let me know if he is able to help. If not I will contact someone else for you.
Love, Chris

Yes, I did. He was knowlegable about DD but didn’t treat it. He recommended me to a surgeon in Wichita but he didn’t treat DD either. Thanks again for your help! I wish California wasn’t half a country away.

Sweetheart, don’t worry I will help you. Let me make some phone calls and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Together we can find one. I will let you know how it goes later today. Love, Christine

kathieh, I found one! I called and spoke to the sweetest girl at the Dermatology Clinic in Witchita. You would need to see Dr. Housholder. their website is dermclin.com their phone number is (316)685-4395. They said that they are not setting any appointment until December or later. They also said that if it was an emergency they might be able to find a way to help. They also said that if you call in if they have cancellations you can call in to check.
Good Luck, Lovie.
Big Gentle Hugs-
Christine

Cgoldstein,

Have you or anyone came across any info regarding effect of stress and trauma events on DD?

Thanks

I wish I could. I have been trying to find links so that we can understand this and maybe try to find a cure. I have looked everywhere and unfortunately there is little posted out there on Dercums. It isn’t even in most medical books. It stinks. I am rooting for change.

Thanks so much Joy…this is a great article to print up and copy to give to our doctors. Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Christine, you are a blessing! I have worked in healthcare just a county south of Wichita for 30 plus years and I have heard of Dr. Housholder. I’ve been at a meeting this week and just got home this evening but will give them a call next week. I’ll let you know what I find out.