Risperidone/Risperinol

I was on Chlorpromazine 50mg 3 times a day with terrible side effects.

I had my first psychiatrists appointment on Wednesday,he stopped the Chlopromazine straight away,he said it will be some time before he comes to a definate diagnosis,although he agrees i am suffering from psychosis.He started me on 2mg per day of  Risperinol/Risperidone.

The dosage is to be gradually increased,i am loathe to really take anything.

Can anyone tell me anything about it and if it agreed/disagreed with them?

Many Thanks. 

All i can say is knowledge is power. Read online what its for, its side effects etc. See what you think? Ive been unsuccessful with finding anything that helps enough as yet. But if you need something, always try it. A chance might reveal a better life... its worth the effort, give it a go but be informed. I know nothing specific abt your meds but ive been offered it, then given something else? Im abt to try lamictal next? I looked it up, looks ok.

Good luck to us all.

I at one time took Risperdal…They gave it to me in the hosp and mainly cause I couldn’t shut my brain off… My thoughts went like a 100 miles a min… Other than that I don’t know much about it… And if you google it you will find a lot of information

Re: Resperidal, Resperidone… I have been on seroquel for years, but I have had to come off it due to serious side effects, including constipation which caused a blocked bowel, that was fun, and weight gain. Other than that it was a good drug for psychosis. Recently I was put on Resperidal, I didn’t really find it very helpful, but I may not have given it enough time, problem was I was manic and I needed a lot more than that to calm me down. I hope you do find it useful, others you could try are Seroquel (as some people don’t suffer the side effects, makes you very drowsy though, that’s good for me), Xyprexa (if you can avoid this one, it stacks on the weight), but again it does work. Lamictal, I would like to let you know that in Australia it is not covered under the government medical scheme, so it costs hundreds and I mean hundreds of dollars, so I am yet to try it. Hope this is of some help, bye for now, Kazbar

Hi. Thanks for your message. Things have become quite hectic and I may not be able to read my mail as often as I’d like. I hope to be back soon.

Chuck