Sarcoma Post-Surgery Nomogram

SARCOMA POST-SURGERY NOMOGRAM

From MSKCC -

http://snipurl.com/1w5cj

Who Can Use This
The current nomogram is for adult patients who are no more than six months past their surgery and who had no evidence of metastasis at the time of surgery.

Who Cannot Use This
It is not appropriate for patients who have experienced local or systemic recurrence following surgery. (Nomograms for predicting recurrence and metastases are under development.) It is designed only for adult soft-tissue sarcomas, not childhood soft-tissue sarcoma. This nomogram is also not appropriate for patients whose sarcoma site was the skin.

Subtle differences in pathological subtype, or other variables not included in the nomogram, may make a difference for individual prediction. Our nomogram only utilizes routine predictors that are commonly available, and, as a result, the nomogram alone can be no substitute for a consultation with your doctor.

=====================================================

DISCLAIMER: The information provided above is not a substitute for medical advice. Consult your physician for diagnosis and treatment of your medical condition. Advances in medicine may cause this information to become outdated, invalid or subject to debate. Professional opinions and interpretations of medical literature may vary.

Stan

I’ve never heard of ‘nomogram’. What is it?

Hi Hockeyman -

Here is the definition of nomogram -

Stan

Thanks. After asking the question on this site, I looked on Google found the site you have suggested, along with another which allowed one to type in info and receive a projected outcome. Thanks for mentioning this on Careplace. It was encouraging to me.